Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.
By Sparky881
I'm looking to buy a 1911 compact .45 for carry and would like some input on reliability of manufactures kimber,para..... any help would be appreciated.
By hayes1966
I have a Kimber 11 Custom Target II that is a real nice shooter but I would not venture to carry as it is too heavy.
By JohnFH
I have a Colt Officers that is reliable and a regular carry, I favor Colt, Springfield, Kimber, S&W sort of in that order for 45's.
By blueshirt23
I have a Dan Wesson CCO which seems to be what I carry mostly. It's basically a commander slide on an lightweight officer's frame. I had a Colt LTWT Officer's which I couldn't hit anything with, even at close distance and the CCO replaced it.
By Socom
I would say, I carry the Para, P-10-45... It's Great, never a FTF, stovepipe, etc. ( BUT, I also have to say, I will NOT ever buy, or bet my life on another Para ) The P-10 was replaced by the Warthog, That will FTF, stovepipe every 4-5 rounds... Got no help from para, even after waiting 6 months for a reply... P-10-45, YES, Blueshirt23, Love those grip's.
By 32bttln
I recently bought a Springfield Champion Operator. OK, it is my first 1911, but wow, very impressive. Compact, lightweight and has been great so far after 300 rounds with no issues.
For most of my career I carried Sigs, Berettas and Walthers. The Champion Operator must be one of the best balanced handguns I've shot. Crisp trigger out of the box. Again, not a 1911 expert, but my .02c worth!
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!