Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.
By dgallag339
So I am wanting to pick up a .22LR pistol and was leanng towards a Ruger simply it has been in production so long and seems pretty solid. But I saw an interesting model from Austria it is the ISSC-M22 and it is basically a clone of a Glock but in .22LR and I though since I shoot a Glock I though this might me a good choice. I did some research on the ISSC and it seems to work pretty well the main problem with it seem to be casued by low velocity ammo. So I was just wondering if anyone here had any experience with the ISSC-M22?

I am not looking for anything for hardcore competition just plinking and cheaper ammo.

I can get the ISSC for 235.00
the Ruger MKIII for 299.00

Money is not the issue for this purchase just wondering if anyone had any experience with that ISSC-M22?
By PaiN
dg....I've been down that ISSC M22 road so many times, but I can not bring myself to actually buy one. The main reason is the reports on reliability. We all know .22s can be picky, but from all I've been able to read on it, the M22 seems to be in the extreme.
If you like the Ruger, I'd say grab it and don't look back.
By nyalex98
Wow, i got a problem between Ruger and Glock too, only in 9mm. :(
By CTSixshot
I'll borrow or take the SR9c off your hands!
I need something to burn up all my 9x19 ammo!
By nyalex98
CTSixshot,
first you sold me the ammo 7.62x54R , now it dont fit in a Ruger ("R" is for Ruger) :evil:
By SR9
I have a Ruger MKIII 22/45 which has served me well and I use it for my club's bulls eye pistol league. I do pretty well with it and from what I have seen on the bench it is better than I can shoot it.

Not sure if you were looking at the 22/45 or the classic MKIII but if I had to do it again I would get the classic since there are more ergo grip options. JMHO

Over all you cannot go too far wrong with the Ruger MK series 22 pistols.
By Jason
I have a MkIII and love it. A few thousand rounds through it and never a single failure of any kind.

For some reason I shoot it clearly better left handed than right. I keep forgetting to make a post about that.

Anyway; long story short, after a year of service it's been perfect and extremely consistent. It was my first pistol and I'm very glad I bought it.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!