Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.
By PaiN
****cough(JH), since I had my .45 ripped out of my hands and taken away from me :wink: I've looked around of a replacement and got a line (and pretty sweet deal if I take it) on an unfired Kahr CW45.

The Kahrs I've had incl. a CW9 have been rock solid(with the exception of that damn PM40 :? ). I was hoping hoping for a .45 with a little more capacity than the CW but is too good to pass up plus it can easily double as a colder weather CCW.
Any opinions on these pistols?
By JohnFH
One of these days you'll get a real 1911, and finally fall in love forever :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
By PaiN
JohnFH wrote:One of these days you'll get a real 1911, and finally fall in love forever :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I love 1911s....but I don't want one or in my case another one. Why? my reasoning is: They make great shooters, are fun if you like to tinker and/or collect. These days with "The Destroyer" approaching, I(we all) need more practical firearms....and the 1911 is old technology. They are to complicated, finicky and heavy for practical use.
By JohnFH
The 1911 is proven, reliable technology, designed to last 100 years, unlike modern technology where life span is an expected 6-8000 rounds.

There is a reason the Army is going back to the 1911 for special operations.

Mine never let me down on when I needed it, 18 months in a jungle enviroment.

I'll put my heavy old technology up against any MIM infested gun for practical use.
By PaiN
JohnFH wrote:The 1911 is proven, reliable technology, designed to last 100 years, unlike modern technology where life span is an expected 6-8000 rounds.

There is a reason the Army is going back to the 1911 for special operations.

Mine never let me down on when I needed it, 18 months in a jungle enviroment.

I'll put my heavy old technology up against any MIM infested gun for practical use.
okay...well they are still heavy
By JohnFH
Besides, if it gets to the point your going for a pistol, a whole lot of other stuff has already gone really bad.
By CTSixshot
Just recall the scene in the movie, "Saving Private Ryan" where the Sergeant throws the empty/jammed 1911 (or did he throw his helmet?..I forget details) at the German...
...how could you intimidate your enemy with a polymer pistol?
By PaiN
I really do like 1911s, one is just not fitting the bill at the moment. I would have had a Sig P220 but..... :?

So back on topic....any opinions on the CW45.
By JohnFH
I would look at something else honestly, 6-8000 rnd life span is what I got from the field rep trying to sell us on the line.

The lifetime warranty is great, but if it breaks when you need it most, the warranty isn't going to do you any good.

Even my Springfield GI has a MIM hammer (soon to be changed) until thats done, I wouldn't consider it for carry, even though it has run flawless on factory ammo (some of the semi wad cutter I made had an issue, but that was my fault)

I just can't trust MIM parts in a gun I trust my life too.

(And like G said "at least with a heavy gun, you can beat someone with it")
By CTSixshot
You really ought to take a glance at all the 1911 variants that Hansen has listed lately...
One example:
By PaiN
Oh Gary! .... how did you ever know exactly what I've been looking for all my life/////
By Jason
Why not a Sig?

I really love the 229, but if you're focused on .45, a nice 220 does seem like a good option.

If you don't care about size, it seems like a perfect choice.

I don't know how many rounds I have through my 229 but it's at least a few hundred with not a single FTF or FTE. I do clean it meticulously after every range trip, though.

I have been overseas and not able to shoot for about a month. This thread is torture.
By hayes1966
oh no .. don't mention P220 to Pain .. I am leaving the state !!
By PaiN
hayes1966 wrote:oh no .. don't mention P220 to Pain .. I am leaving the state !!
All you have to do is sell me that lower.....and you can stay in your home...with no worries.
(So let me know before I go buy a stupid Kahr)
By CTSixshot
PaiN!
As I gaze into my chrystal ball.... I see a Bull!
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!