Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.
By nvisn
445? I think the gun may have got it's model number as a mix of it's weight (4lbs) and its caliber (.45). LOL. But seriously, I had Hi Points in both 9 and .45. They are light boat anchors but they went bang every time I pulled the trigger....
By curman4
my mistake, I was looking at a hi point 45 but did not know about this company, did not want to waste money on a piece of junk
By CTSixshot
No personal experience, but a friend had two of them (one steel, one polymer). He bought them just out of curiousity and marvel at the sub-$100 price tag, plus the pure ugliness of them. They work, but they were heavy and were rather a handful with the heavy slide, but I believe that's the nature of a .45 blowback design.
If you need a .45 for $100, I suppose they are the only game in town.

http://www.shootingtimes.com/handgun_re ... nt_100605/
Buy one, shoot it for a season and sell it for 50% of your purchase price and it costs you little more than a range rental for a day!
I know several shooters that have the 9mm carbine and they love them. The company apparantly gives a lifetime warranty and I believe they make good on that.
By hayes1966
They need trigger work but you can' beat the price.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!