Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.
By PaiN
I have a new pistol coming into the stable. A Taurus PT92 AFS Combat
I wanted to add a mid to full size 9mm for comps and range use this PT92 model caught me and wouldn't let go. The PT is probably the best Taurus made, I can't wait to get my mits on it. Range report and pics to come.
By CTSixshot
Ahhhhh...another trip to the farm with all the 9mm that I've been loading just for you!
By PaiN
CTSixshot wrote:Ahhhhh...another trip to the farm with all the 9mm that I've been loading just for you!
I bet those 147 grainers will be kick butt out of this pistol.... 8)
By CTSixshot
Yes, perhaps, but I've got plenty of cast loads at 125 grains as well. Even some of those 95 grain JRNers.
By JohnFH
If it's anything like my Beretta, 125gr cast will shoot like lasers.
By nyalex98
Thats interesting to compare Taurus to Beretta 92
Stress test would be nice.
By PaiN
nyalex98 wrote:Thats interesting to compare Taurus to Beretta 92
Stress test would be nice.
I know you're not even going there...right?
By JohnFH
The only stress we are going to see here is when he decides to sell it :lol: :lol: :lol:
By PaiN
Sell 8O no way!
This gun makes my collection complete :lol:
By JohnFH
Sell no way!
I can save that and post it in the for sale ad right?
By PaiN
I was trying to watch that clip from work today but our player is to out dated....
By CTSixshot
PaiN... did you sell your Taurus yet? (I was out most of the day and figured I missed the sale...)
By nyalex98
Pain, keep in mind they say it needs ~250 rounds brake in before it functions properly. 8) Thats the price you pay when save $50 not buying a Beretta.
Are U sure you don't wanna sell it before bringing to a range?

Then again, what do i know, i shot a Glock19.
By PaiN
I know Taurus guns could be a "roll of the dice"....but the PT line was and is in a different league.
First, they linage back to Berretta, since Taurus bought the Berretta factory in Brazil and produced their PT line on the same machines with the same craftsman, the PT was a fine gun even back when. Since that time Taurus has kept up, modernized and improved the quality. Like the Berretta, it is hard to find a bad word said about the Taurus PT line, they simply work and shoot accurately.

Second, I feel the Taurus is a better value than the Berretta. The price difference is actually ~$100-150 depending on the model(not $50, Alex), the Taurus has a higher mag cap(17 vs. 15), comes with two, has better ergonomics, a smoother, more advanced trigger and comes with an awesome "lifetime warranty".

Third, and what pushed me over the edge.....Berretta, has nothing close to the looks of this "Combat" model. :D I love the matte finish with stainless accents. I might never shoot it ...just keep it for pics :lol:
I'm kidding, I plan to shoot the shit out of it...

See you at the next plates
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!