Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.
By CTSixshot
I've got some .22 lr reloads just for you, PaiN.
20.0g of W296, super compressed, velocities approaching light speed! ...j/k!
By PaiN
CTSixshot wrote:I've got some .22 lr reloads just for you, PaiN.
Oh....so you mean these actually have power in them :lol:

inside j/k
By SR9
CTSixshot wrote:I've got some .22 lr reloads just for you, PaiN.
Wow! maybe it will be better than a phaser!
By PaiN
I shot the hell out of this GSG 1911 Saturday night, 250 of Federal Game-Shock 40g RN HV, 50 of CCI Stinger 36g HP HpV, at least 200 of federal 550 bulk 36g HP HV and a few CCI Mini-Mags the guy next to me used when he tried it out.
Performance was flawless, it kept feeding and firing, feeding and firing....not a thing to report, not even a sticky slide when it was dirty :)
Ergonomics were great, no stress or strain after this long session with gun. At this point I'll say accuracy is average to good....but it was my first time out with it and I was more interested in getting through ammo and drills than pinpointing every shot. The pistol was happy to fire as fast as I could squeeze and was tame as can be.
Really, one of the best running and shooting pistols out of the box that I've owned. I'm not putting a dime more into to it, will be shot and enjoyed "as is". One other thing, the GSG 1911 got lots of attention, just about everyone that saw it was interested in knowing more.....
My only gripes(got have something, right ;)) are.. with take down, a small set screw and set pin have to be removed with the slide release and reinstalled to dissemble and assemble the gun. The screw requires an allen wrench(provided). Needless to say its not a quick field strip and care has to be taken not to loose the little screw or pin. Also the slide finish is thin especially at the muzzle end.

Did I mention the barrel is factory threaded :)
Last edited by PaiN on Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
By JohnB
whats the slide and frame made from ?
By PaiN
JohnB wrote:whats the slide and frame made from ?
wood
By JohnB
carbon steel stainless steel nickle alloy ???
By PaiN
Too be honest I don't really know the metal the GSG 1911 is made from. It is an alloy but of good quality and much better than the typical "pot metal" guns you know of.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!