Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.
By PaiN
seem to be happening...its bad mojo.
I decided to take the M&P out to the range for a quick shoot this afternoon I fired about 5 rounds when I got a jam 1st ever from this gun......no ordinary jam either, I have chambered live round, the hammer must be uncocked because it wont fire, the side will not fully come back, only moves ~1/2" and the most ominous thing....the recoil rod extends out the muzzel but the barrel moves with the slide, yuk.
I'm going to run it over to Hoffman's, where it was purchased and see if they can do anthing with it, but I'll likely end up bringing it up S&W in Springfield for warranty work.
I'm not happy atm
By CTSixshot
Bummer!
I don't own any expensive guns, so all I can vouch for is my Ruger KP-97. Except for the first few stovepipe failures (due to limp wristing, I suspect being my first time with a .45 ACP), it has performed very reliably. I know they aren't the finest piece, but it's rugged and functions with all my reloads to boot.
By PaiN
CTSixshot wrote:Bummer!
I don't own any expensive guns, so all I can vouch for is my Ruger KP-97. Except for the first few stovepipe failures (due to limp wristing, I suspect being my first time with a .45 ACP), it has performed very reliably. I know they aren't the finest piece, but it's rugged and functions with all my reloads to boot.
I don't know about expensive...My M&P9 was only $499 and don't dis the KP-97, I hear good things about them.
Good news is Hoffman's was able to open the slide, (I have no idea how, I all but stood on it...but I guess that comes with experience). I had some older rounds I bought from a friend, one was wedged in the breach...not using those any more :roll:
By JohnB
they hit it in -just- the right place :)
glad to hear everythings ok
By hayes1966
If it is an older round, it may not be to spec. I had some issues with reloads that didn't size correctly (not in this firearm) but they would fit in a TC and shoot fine. Since then, I check every single round I reload in a case gauge to make sure I don't have any issues.
By PaiN
hayes1966 wrote:If it is an older round, it may not be to spec. I had some issues with reloads that didn't size correctly (not in this firearm) but they would fit in a TC and shoot fine. Since then, I check every single round I reload in a case gauge to make sure I don't have any issues.
The rounds were definately old...they came from an estate collection a guy I work with hooked into. He offered me 250 9mm for $30...they looked in good condtion so I grabbed them. Live & learn....I'm new to guns but I should know PaiN's "rules of life" still apply...one of which is "you get what you pay for" ..hehe :lol:
By PaiN
I put ~200 rounds of through before I hit the gym this morning, just to make sure the bad mojo was gone ;)...Magtech FMC, CCI Blazers FMJ, Winchester SilvertipHP and white box FMC...as usual operation was flawless.

on a side note: This M&P loved the CCI Blazers 115g FMJ, most accuate load I've put through yet. I got 500 on sale from Natchez $7.99/50
Think I'll order more asap.

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?co ... &src=ba390
By JohnB
lil word of advice..dont shoot any reloads unless you absolutley trust the guy that made them or they are made by a company with a liability insurance..aparently most kabooms come from reloads and who knows what is in something from an estate sale, for instance...i have some HOT 357 mags that will do fine in a t/c but id never dream of shooting them through my S&W for fear of streatching the frame, if i croak and my wife sells these on to some poor sucker with a snubbie .357 good luck to him :P
By hayes1966
I agree, if in any doubt pull the rounds and reuse the brass, primer and heads. Powder may be more difficult as it may not be possible to identify correctly.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!