Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.
By JohnB
i dont shoot that much in a year !! :)
By KenBGlock19
Well, I kinda cheated...I gave a lesson to 3 diff. people. LOL - that's how it was fed so much ammo.
By JohnB
ahh, well thats different then
im cheap and shoot alot of 22's
By KenBGlock19
.22 is the most fun you can have with your pants on. I love it - I have a Ruger MkII 22/45 just for that reason.

Can't beat $12/550 rounds!
By hayes1966
There was a rumour of a Glock 17 in Germany with over a million rounds fired through it !!
By PaiN
and in the continuing saga
from this morning's e-mail:
It should be shipped today at 4:00pm UPS next day air. A confirmation number should be sent to you shortly. There was a minor hold up though, we ran out of blued slides and when it was going to be a few more days before we were to receive any, we chose to upgraded your finish from Blued to Parkerized at no additional charge, normally a $50.00 + tax service. I hope this is not a problem, if it is, just get a hold of me at 1-800-xxx-xxxx and I’ll stop the shipment.
Sorry for the delay in response.

Regards,
Rick M
Assembly/Service Supervisor
All I can say is I hope this new gun runs well....
By KenBGlock19
Well, at least Pakerized is better than Bluing. Good on them for upgrading instead of inconveniencing you even more.

Hope it all works out, bud!
By JohnB
yep..bonus
are they building a new one with the original serial number or dya get a new number ?
By PaiN
JohnB wrote:yep..bonus
are they building a new one with the original serial number or dya get a new number ?
They never said.....I'd assume have if they destroy a weapon then rebuild it new it would get the same serial #. Standard practice, isn't it?
Anyway, I got the tracking #, it'll be here tomorow.
By PaiN
All turned out well...the new gun ran very nicely. I got it to the range and put about 200 rounds through, of Winchester Silver Tips & white box FMC, Magtech FMC and CCI FMJ(all 115g) This PF-9 ate it all with out a hic-up. no complaints on accruacy here....we shot well for the first time out. I took it home, gave it a bath & lube. Put on the mag extension, Hogue Handall Jr. and the trigger shoe. Which makes it feel even better. I'm happy with it.
I'll put up some pics soon as I can....

btw: the rebuild carries the same S\N#
By KenBGlock19
Really glad to hear it, Pain...now go enjoy it!
By PaiN
Here's the pics of the carry rig and a working :wink: , parkerized PF-9.

This is the upgrades, mag. extension, Hogue Handall jr. and trigger shoe
By PaiN
Someone asked if the mag popped in the holster(s)...I've had no problem with the mag releasing while holstered or any other function of the gun.
The only minor detail I need to take care of is smoothing this raised seem on the dovetail:

It cut my thumb web up good during the 200 round testing.
By KenBGlock19
I'd imagine that a Dremel tool would make quick work of that.

What brand is that leather holster for it? Looks pretty form-fitting...would like to get one for my G19.
By PaiN
KenBGlock19 wrote:What brand is that leather holster for it? Looks pretty form-fitting...would like to get one for my G19.
It is a DeSantis, formed for the Kahr PM9.....but it drop in perfect fit for the PF-9 also. A great holster for OtB use, dead flat and high with adjustable tension.

http://www.desantisholster.com/gun-models.html
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!