Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.
By PaiN
I was very close this weekend to buying a revolver.....Somehow, dispite being at multiple gun shops both Sat and Sun, I decided to hold my water until I get the PF-9 back from Keltec, if they got it right, I'll have no need a small revolver.
By JohnB
theres still a reason..they are fun ! :) 3" is probably better for target work tho
By PaiN
JohnB wrote:theres still a reason..they are fun ! :) 3" is probably better for target work tho
I bet roundies are a blast to shoot 8) but this year after buying 1. Mossberg Plinkster802(gone), 2. Savage MkII with new scope, 3. Thospson\Center Silver Lynx, 4. Ruger MkIII 22/45, 5. S&W M&P9 and 6. Keltec PF-9 with four holsters ......I can't afford fun! :lol:
Its not that bad..but I made a plan with myself and I'm sticking too it. Since I'm straining my spendable income, The plan is this: Get the Keltec back, if it is right and works...do nothing, if its not then I'll trade in it for a snubby revolver.
By PaiN
Its been a bit up & down dealing with Keltec, but as it turns out they are taking good care of thier customer, I appriciate this.. :bthumb:

This is from an e-mail this morning:
I read the letter included with your firearm and I can sympathize with your aggravation. Instead of fixing your gun I will have a new one built for you with the latest upgrades. Please allow for a couple of more days. We will e-mail you upon its completion and return it to you via. UPS Next Day Air Services. I will make certain your firearm is test fired with similar ammunitions before it is returned.

Respectfully,
Assembly/Service Supervisor
By JohnB
there ya go, cant get better than that ! i had heard keltecs warrenty was great and theres the proof
By magneton44
Here's my armory list to date
Wheelguns: All S&W'S
Model 36 Snubby also known as a "bellygun" PD Backup
Model 64 3" Stainless version of the Model 10
Model 586 6" .357
Model 19-3 4" .357

Pistolas":
M&P 9
CZ40P
Glock 23 .40
Beretta 92fs 9MM
Bersa Thunder .380

Long Guns:
Mossberg 590 Tactical 12GA
GAP 700 Crusader .308
Savage .17HMR/ BTVXP W/THUMBHOLE / Nikon Prostaff
Looking to sell the .357's Got my eye on a Sig or the Taurus 24/7 OSS.
See what happens. I don't even hunt :lol:
By magneton44
Pain,
Glad to hear all is working out with Kel-tec.. :)
By JohnB
ha, stuff does build up :P one day i'll take a pic of my collection..wheres me camera...
By JohnB
pain...it sounds like your issue is going to be resolved by keltec, but if you want to try a snubbie and are in the meriden area i can letcha try mine at my club FOC
By magneton44
John,
The thing I found out owning handguns is they need holsters..and not just one!!. Although, I did pick up a Safariland that will carry ALL of my Semi's
By JohnB
yep, its the accessories that kill ya i guess bullets are accessories too :)
By magneton44
PM INBOUND... :)
By PaiN
JohnB wrote:pain...it sounds like your issue is going to be resolved by keltec, but if you want to try a snubbie and are in the meriden area i can letcha try mine at my club FOC
You are trying to break me...but I will be strong :wink:
I'm always looking for people to shoot with, my schedule is alittle crazy but we can work around that.
I'm going to try and make the plate shoot at Silver City this Friday(if they are having one)
By magneton44
Pain,
Try the wheelguns..I have 4 of them if ya want to try 'em
By PaiN
Damn, with all these offers I should sell my guns and just shoot all of yours' :lol:
Seriously, We should meet sometime, I'd like to shoot a wheelie(never have before) and hopefully I'll have a working PF-9 for you guys to try out.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!