Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.
Im a member of a local town range that has weekly competition of practical shooting with informal rules of limited, I just started competing with this nice guys in guilford in the place called chrisindoorshootingrange.net
I want to find out another range that are maybe open for outsiders to compete so I can try their competition too.
Im still new to this sport, and very interested to learn more, so far what I really learn is that its damn expensive. I wanna learn how to shoot while moving between targets, something that will allow you to run and shoot at the same time.
By JohnB
i believe mattabasset does something like that idpa maybe ? the link to their webpage is under the club listings
...public shooting at MRP has been halted. You'd better call ahead to find the latest details.

Harwinton R&G is holding an action pistol/rifle event this Sunday...sorry...(15 Jun 2008) at 0900 hours; it is an informal version of an IDPA match.

http://harwintonrodandgun.com/ht_2008_pistol.htm

See you there.
Last edited by CTSixshot on Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By PaiN
Damn..another event I have to miss because of my work schedule ...errr :evil:
I'd love to try out an informal IDPA shoot
By JohnB
what happened at mrp ?
By CTSixshot
This is the initial word I was e-mailed from a club member at MRP (dated 10 May 2008):

Hello everyone.

I just received some disappointing news. Due to some complications with Mattabassett Rifle and Pistol Club's insurance, shoots will no longer be open to the public. Effective immediately. I hope this is temporary. I'll let you know when(if) this changes. Please spread the word so that nobody travels for no reason.

Thanks.

Karen

Shortly thereafter, I'd heard that the Saturday 31 May shoot was cancelled for club members, too, but I don't know if this was due to further troubles or simply low attendance concerns.

I am not a MRP member and I haven't been updated of any new details.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!