Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.
By Wolvie56X
this is the subcompact .357 SIG version, what do you guys think of that over a G23 for CCW?
By PaiN
I know I'm not offering any help here....but one of these days I've got to try out a .357sig.
Right now, I don't really understand why a person would even bother with it.
By Wolvie56X
thats kinda what ive been reading as well, a ,357 SIG is basically a 'hot' 9mm round, the .40 is far superior in just about every area

so im just gonna wait it out and get a G23 :D
By Socom
I agree with PaiN, For a CCW, nothing less then a .40, Then again, I believe in a good old .45 ACP!
Last edited by Socom on Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By JohnB
all i know about .357 sig is..its friggin expensive !!
By Wolvie56X
well i have a Glock 21sf but its a little too big for CCW, thats why i was looking at a G23 or G32 for CCW
By PaiN
If someone forced me to carry a Glock :wink: It would have to be a G36 Slimline
By equality72521
My $0.02:
The .357sig will likely die off as a round. It was a vain attempt at replicating the terminal ballistics of the .357 Mag. They failed.
It does however have a flatter trajectory than .40s&w, which in theory allows you a longer effective range...which is useless for CCW since most self-defense shootings occur within 3-7m. Jack Bauer might like the .357sig since he seems to regularly engage baddies at well over 100yds with his sidearm, but for us average folk we wouldn't be taking advantage of that extra range except at, well...the range.
Rounds are expensive and will get even more expensive as adoption continues to die and it becomes more of a niche cartridge.
And when the SHTF you are FAR more likely to find .40s&w than .357sig.
If you want the best of both worlds, get a G23 and a factory or lone wolf .357sig barrel, and drop it in. Ejector/extractor are the same for 23 and 32. You can even use the same .40s&w mags to feed .357sig, though not with total reliability.
By evan1293
I spent some time shooting a compensated version of this gun. Its not bad for recoil but it is LOUD! Also it throws a serious muzzle flash, especially with a comped barrel. Personally, I would never buy one. Ammo is way too expensive to make it worth it. I could shoot my g19 for a whole lot less, which means I can shoot it a whole lot more. That's the reason why I sold my .40cal glocks and kept the 9s. The ballistics on a .357 sig are impressive though.

I'm getting to the point where I favor just two calibers for fighting handguns, 9mms and .45s.
By nvisn
The only place the .357SIG excels is in penetration of hard objects like a car door. Other than that stick with the .40.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!