Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.
By Ken
or should it be something else? I did not like shooting the Ruger...

I want it chambered in 9...

What do you folks think, it terms of cost of gun, cost of ownership, etc. I think the Glock is easier to strip, but the difference is so marginal it really doesn't matter.

Where is the best place to get the best price?

Also, I am a SCUBA diver, and we really try and use a local shop when we can, because air fills do not pay their bills. Does that work the same way with guns? I am not sure if I should be paying a little more to buy from where I do my shooting, just to do my part in keeping them in business...I don't know if that is silly or not.

Sorry if these are dumb questions...I am new...

Ken
By hayes1966
Hoffmans has probably the best price in town but if there is an issue they will make you deal directly with the manufacturer.

Newington Gun Exchange is one of the better places in the State for customer service.

JoJo's in Southington is noted for gunsmithing.

There are a few places in Milford that come to mind that are expensive.
By JohnFH
I'm a big Glock fan, just picked up #3 yesterday, G23C, Took a few shots to get used to the compensation, but very nice to shoot.

Don't know where your located, but should you be passing through Winsted, I will give you excellent service, and a few bad jokes :D
By nyalex98
now get a regular non-ported barrel as an option.
By hayes1966
nyalex98 wrote:now get a regular non-ported barrel as an option.
LOL
By Nikolai19
I had a similar debate once. I love the way the Sig P226 shoots, but I've come to be pretty proficient with my Glock, and I'd say that it really depends on what you're looking for.

The Glock is generally much cheaper than the Sig, but in my opinion, you can't really go wrong with either gun.
By ketel1
Hoffman's Is good but from here (Shelton) is a good 45 min. drive. I would give Bethany Firearms a call and get a price quote over the phone.
By hayes1966
Bethany is a good place to deal with.
By nyalex98
hayes1966 wrote:
nyalex98 wrote:now get a regular non-ported barrel as an option.
LOL
works on mine, looks cool too.

By hayes1966
What did the additional barrel cost?
By JohnFH
Already got one :D (got to be IDPA legal when the mood strikes) and a few extra mags too
By JohnFH
is that a 19c or did you put a 9mm barrel in a 23?
By nyalex98
G19C.
the barrel will also fit in a G26.
By Preacherman1973
I say neither. Get a Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm. The reliability and function ofthe Glock with better looks and feel. Oh yeah, and did I mention, way less expensive then the Sig. I live in Milford but bought mine at Hoffman's in Newington. Bethany is another great shop just not always open. Best customer service though.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!