Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.
By mudge
Seems to me the best solution. The traditional way is to go down the muzzle, which seems to me to be ultimately destructive.

Here's my method. I put a generous bit of Hoppes just before the copper brush and run it through twice. Then I go ahead and clean the rest of the gun -- I use rod and patch for the cylinder. I redose the boresnake with Hoppes and go through the barrel twice again. Then I put a little oil just behind the copper brush and run it through one more time.

Interested in hearing about alternate methods.

The only drawback to boresnakes I can see is that sooner or later you have to wash them.
By HK45ACP
I learn a great trick from one of my students in my NRA Pistol Instructor course this past November.

Take the rod without the brush on it and put it through the muzzle and then once the rod is through attach the brush and pull through and repeat as necessary. It might seem to be a pain in the neck but a good brass brush beats a bore snake any day.

Hope that helps
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!