Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.
By PaiN
In all seriousness, this is not a ploy
I've had my M&P9 up for sale several times, it is in fantastic shape, nice accessories, decently priced(I believe), eats anything.......
So why does it never sell or even get much interest, I have it up, once again, on four shooting forums and nothing :(
This is getting fustrating.....am I doing something wrong? overpriced? or is the M&P really a pistol no one wants?

http://www.ctshooting.com/modules.php?n ... pic&t=1744
By JohnFH
It's probably not the M&P per say.
It is a little large for a CCW piece for a lot of people, which is what people buying are looking for, and to be honest, gun sales have dropped off to almost nothing, lack of ammo and lack of money is keeping a lot of people out of gun stores, and it's not just gun stores, all the local small businesses around here are hurting.
By Erik
Honestly, I'd say it's the price. There are online deals that come up that are cheaper than that for new from time to time, and it's not that far off from the price of the new one I bought. Having said that, if you'd had this deal posted when I was looking, I probably would have jumped on it. I don't think your asking price is unreasonable, just not a no-brainer.
By PaiN
I hardley ever see a used late model gun selling for grossly less than new...and those used guns are selling like crazy.
I even added the holsters.....
Maybe I should put "open to reasonable offers" in the ad or something like that?
By Erik
It couldn't hurt. Like I said, I think the price is reasonable for what you're selling. You have to look at where the used guns are selling like crazy. Does it happen online? I know they fly out the door at Hoffmans (except for the beat up Para-14 that's been sitting there for a few weeks) but I think online sellers have a harder time because people are reluctant to deal with somebody they don't know. I think if you're patient, and you're not competing against an online retailer that has 1,000 to sell at a weirdly low price, you'll sell.
By PaiN
I've never known Hoffman's used guns to be at a "weirdly low price" :lol:
I just did a quick GB search, considering what these are selling for, mine seems like a sweet deal.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/SearchResults.asp

Maybe I do need to be more patient
By hayes1966
Money might also be an issue. I am currently offing a bunch of stuff (some that I hate to part with) but I want to get something bigger and better!!
By Malaga2
Theres just not a lot of interest out there for S&W Autos...
By PaiN
Malaga2 wrote:Theres just not a lot of interest out there for S&W Autos...
tell me about it .....jeez
By SigFan
Remind me how much you're looking for. At one time we talked about doing a 1:1 trade for my Sig P6. PM me.
By du510
Malaga2 wrote:Theres just not a lot of interest out there for S&W Autos...
I think the gun-buying rush is over and pockets are tight --- people just aren't buying guns, generally, like they were only months ago.
By PaiN
SigFan wrote:Remind me how much you're looking for. At one time we talked about doing a 1:1 trade for my Sig P6. PM me.
PM sent...I like Sigs :D
let's talk
du510 wrote:I think the gun-buying rush is over and pockets are tight --- people just aren't buying guns, generally, like they were only months ago.
I could go for that to make me feel better, but other guns up for sale seem to be moving and this M&P package has been up twice in the past.
..I mean really...its an M&P...its not going to explode like a Glock :lol: ...hehe ok bad joke, I just had to let some steam off.....
By du510
du510 wrote:I think the gun-buying rush is over and pockets are tight --- people just aren't buying guns, generally, like they were only months ago.
I could go for that to make me feel better, but other guns up for sale seem to be moving and this M&P package has been up twice in the past.
..I mean really...its an M&P...its not going to explode like a Glock :lol: ...hehe ok bad joke, I just had to let some steam off.....[/quote]

I mean it though --- on NES I am seeing some great hardware, beit whole units or parts, sitting for weeks at good prices. I've been trying to sell my .308 for two weeks now; months ago I had guys shooting me unsolicited offers.

I truly think the market was over-bought in the previous months (and as a result, overpriced), and right now we are just seeing the pendulum swing back.
By PaiN
What I believe I've seen, and where some of my aggravation is coming from, is good sales of decently priced guns(~under $550)

But you may be right, possibly the market is now saturated for "tactical" types....
By Wolvie56X
if i had the money, id buy it, always wanted one, just too many bills to pay and not enough money to go around right now

tax me some more Lord Allah Obama!!
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!