Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.
By Ct_maniac
What would be a good place to start when wanting to learn how to handle a handgun? Who might offer classes or instruction? What would be the best choice for self defense?
By Advanced-Glock-Armorer
Try Defense Associates (Google it), contact person is Frank Cornwall cell #(203) 209-1347.

They do all forms of combat shooting, rifle, pistol, shotgun, hand to hand combat, all right in your back yard at Blue Trail in Wallingford.

They are currently hosting the renowned Chuck Taylor who is conducting his Combat Masters Course which concludes tomorrow 09/11/07. Defense Associates is Connecticuts best kept secret when it comes to cutting edge Firearms Training.

Fraternally yours

Jimmy Ward
By DaFont
Hello,
Welcome to the group. In my opinion, you should get involved in the shooting community in Connecticut by going to an IDPA or Plate match. They have them every Saturday, year round, at Mattabassett gun club in Berlin Ct. It's a great group and we have a blast. Once there, you can ask questions. Just about any shooter there would be a source of information to a new shooter. The match directors openly promote the sport to new shooters.
The Smith and Wesson sports shooting center in Springfield MA would also be a good choice. I would also recommend the Sigarms Academy in Epping NH.
Thanks
DAF
By HK45ACP
Bridgeport Shooting Range is a full training facility for LE, Security and Civilian. The owner is a retired Cop and has had more training and credentials than anyone around. I have worked with lots of trainers and Bridgeport was the first one to really teach me something useful. That is why I started working there. We also have a course that everyone who owns a firearm should take. Self Defense and the Law. What an eye opener.

Thanks
Jamie Keever
By andres0101
I carry a Springfield armory xd subcompact 9mm and its awsome, I wear shirt and tie to work and i have a belly hollster and i have a "desanti in waist holster and none of my coleguees has ever know that i carry a firearm...i will post pics tommo.
By CTSixshot
Sunday July 13, 0900 hours, Harwinton Rod & Gun Club is happening this weekend. This event is open to the public, so you can come along to watch or shoot (I'll have handguns and ammo for any guests).

See their website for more details and directions...
http://harwintonrodandgun.com/ht_2008_pistol.htm

This event is along the lines of an IDPA match, but it is much more casual and meant to be a friendly fun shoot that doesn't get too technical or intense. We're there to have a safe, enjoyable shooting venue.
I used to attend Saturday events at Mattabassett R&P Club, but they have cancelled all shoots to non-members since back around 10 May 2008. I haven't heard any news to the contrary, as yet, and I do get this info from a member there.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!