Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.
By SigFan
jimmyfitzp wrote:GUY AT K-5 TOLD ME TODAY THAT WEST HAVEN HAS BEEN TAKING ABOUT A YEAR, HE SAID TO START CALLING AGAIN WHEN I GET TO 8 MONTHS!!! WITH THAT SAID I JUST WAKED OUT OF THE STORE, I DIDNT KNOW WHAT TO SAY BACK TO HIM.
I wouldn't put any stock in anything anybody at K-5 tells you. New Haven did take a long time, but I just kept calling. I got the name of the officer in charge of reviewing my app and caller her every other day. I was NICE, but persistent. Stay NICE. Nobody want to give a gun to somebody who can't maintain their composure over the phone.
By jimmyfitzp
still nothing
By jimmyfitzp
still nothing... again
By hayes1966
A 'polite' phone call to the police dept would be in order. As long as you remain polite on the phone it might help.
By Erik
If I recall correctly, the materials that come with the application suggest placing a call if it goes more than two weeks late (i.e., ten weeks). New Haven took just at nine weeks to get in touch with me and was about a ten week process all in.
By Socom
Geee! I hope "jimmyfitzp" got his permit by now! Last i knew, they had to issue you a permit, at the end of 60 days, unless they had cause and they had to tell you why, Even New York, can't use the reason, the FBI prints didn't come back yet! Lets us know "jimmy" how it's going.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!