Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.
By rattler459
I have been researching the sp2022 since last year and have formed some opinions on them. As I said these are my opinions and I have only some pictures to back them up.

There are two different generations of SP2022 9mm's that have been offered for sale be Sig USA
They are the first generation which consists of an American slide (no loaded chamber indicator), German frame, night sights, two grips, nitron finsh and blue American box this is also how all American SP2022 40s&w/357sig are made. The mags on this style are made in Italy and have witness holes on the side of the bodies.

Then came the second generation there has been four styles of the second generation

Style one which consists of a German slide (loaded chamber indicator), german frame, night sights, small and medium grips (small grip with lanyard loop), nitron finsh, short trigger, and a German black box with cleaning rod, brush, and oil. The mags on this style I believe are made in Germany and have the witness holes on the back of the body.

Style two which consists of a German slide (loaded chamber indicator), german frame, night sights, small and medium grips (small grip with lanyard loop), nitron finsh, short trigger, and an American blue box with cleaning rod, brush, and oil. The mags on this style I believe are made in Germany and have the witness holes on the back of the body.

Style three which consists of a German slide (loaded chamber indicator), German frame, contrast sights, one grip with lanyard loop, ifalon finish, German proofs and date code, triple serial numbers, short trigger, and a German black box with cleaning rod, brush, and oil. The mags on this style I believe are made in Germany and have the witness holes on the back of the body.

Style Four which consists of a German slide (loaded chamber indicator), German frame, night sights, one grip with lanyard loop(may come with the medium grip also), ifalon finish, triple serial numbers, short trigger, and a German black box with cleaning rod, brush, and oil. The mags on this style I believe are made in Germany and have the witness holes on the back of the body.

(thanks Rodney)

The loaded chamber indicator looks like this

The German box looks likes this

The grips are as follows
Small with lanyard loop

Small

Medium

The flat Base plates are available from Doris at http://www.rocosystem.com/ if she doesn't have them in stock she will order them from germany for you. It take around 2 months for them to get in the price as of this posting is $20 dollars plus shipping.
Here is a picture of the flat base plate on a German mag

Last edited by rattler459 on Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!