Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.
By Hddreamer
Do not like glocks they all look all the same also not recommended to run reloads in them , my friend and his father had both there glocks blow up on them they have been reloading for 10+years and are very knowledgeable with reloading
Just my 2cents
By AGust82
It's the squarest pistol known to man. And being neutered to 10 rounds many other guns are now a better choice in my opinion.
By SR9
Looks and my druthers aside the G-19 is a good reliable firearm. That said, I agree with Agust, I think there other good choices out there.

I am not a Glock fan because I think their plastic sites are disappointing for what you pay for the gun. Also, the grip just does not fit my hand the way I like it to. I can shoot them ok but there is something about the grip that does not work for me.

If the G-19 size is what you like have a look at the M&P Compact or the Ruger SR9c. The Sig 320 looks interesting as well.

Before deciding on any hand gun try it out.
By Hddreamer
Have to agree with sr9 you have to have the right hand for the glock I have large hands and the grip is terrible
By RICH
I remember when the 17 came out, thought I would never buy a plastic gun.
I have a few models now, all the sights are upgraded, had to figure out what locked wrist is to shoot them well. Wear one everyday, light, dont care if it gets scratched rolling on ground under truck, or other work where I would prob remove a metal pistol till chore complete.
Ugly, not so great trigger, expensive for what it is, takes time to learn to shoot well. I have other pistols that have attributes that win across the board, but weight, size, capacity, and the durable plastic win across the board for 24/7 carry, especially the 19.
By Hddreamer
⬆️. Déjà vu ⬆️
By SR9
Rich, good points for sure. It is great to have so many choices that we can talk about them for a long time. Like the planes I used to fly, hand guns have unique features and designs that give them a personality of sorts. Lucky for us(so far) we get to chose one to meet our need and maybe just because we like it.

Viva la differance!
By RICH
Sr9, Planes, cars, Women.
At least its not as much trouble having a few pistols at the same time.
Cheaper too. LOL
By SR9
RICH wrote:Sr9, Planes, cars, Women.
At least its not as much trouble having a few pistols at the same time.
Cheaper too. LOL
LOL! Very true!
By Arby238
Hddreamer wrote:Do not like glocks they all look all the same also not recommended to run reloads in them , my friend and his father had both there glocks blow up on them they have been reloading for 10+years and are very knowledgeable with reloading
Just my 2cents
I have been shooting reloads in my Glock 19 for the past 8 years. Well over 10,000 rounds with no trouble.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!