Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.
By equality72521
For those of you that don't know, the CT permit is pretty wimpy as far as reciprocity - only about 13 states will honor it. Utah however is the most sought after permit because it is honored in 29 states. You can get it as a non-resident but you must take a Utah-sanctioned "Weapons Familiarity" course taught by a Utah-certified instructor. There are only a handful of these individuals in the state of CT.
Last night I attended the Utah CFP class given by Joel Demers (www.nraclass.com). He was great, and boy did he have his act together! He took our fingerprints, took our mugs and printed out 2 nicely cut individual pictures, and he's a notary, so he was able to notarize our signatures on the spot. We were literally able to walk out of the class and put our application in the mail. Joel has been doing this quite a while and is certified, or otherwise sanctioned to provide the classes/documentation to get CT, Utah, Florida, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, Maine, and the highly exotic Massachusetts (if you're willing to pay for it)!

Utah is a great permit to have - it's cheap ($66 to apply, $10 renewal every 5), and widely excepted. I highly encourage anyone to contact Joel and sign up for his next Utah class!
By magneton44
Good Info, thanks for the pass on..
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!