Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.
By djmiked
Looks like light primer strikes. What firearm? Did you save any of the empties from the rounds that went boom?
By nyalex98
I am shooting a Glock 19c, and no i didn't save any more cases but they looked normal. I did use a lighter recoil spring, i think that might cause the problem.
Last edited by nyalex98 on Wed May 13, 2009 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
By djmiked
I'm wondering if you have dirt or something in the FP channel? Have you taken the slide apart at all?
By nyalex98
This slide has ~800 rounds and i have cleaned FP channel twise.
By djmiked
have you cleaned the FP channel since this happened? Make sure there is NO oil in the FP channel.

Lighter recoil spring may do it. Did you change the striker spring? A light striker spring will do that also.

Try changing back to the other recoil spring and see if that does it, provided there is nothing in the FP channel and no oil in there and you haven't changed the striker spring then I would say it was the recoil spring.
By nyalex98
I think i got it, the recoil spring is too light but the striker spring is original.
When i'm pulling the trigger the slide starts traveling back and lowering barrel chamber before the 'boom" (see on picture they hit off center).
No wonder i was shooting so bad last night.
I am using a dual-buffer recoil spring which will probably work well in a semi-auto with a hammer. In a Glock it may need further upgrades.
I think that's it.
By djmiked
My experience with Glock....Gaston made perfection, why screw with it?
By hayes1966
djmiked wrote:My experience with Glock....Gaston made perfection, why screw with it?
+1
By nyalex98
The problem is that Glock 19 fails miserably at the "Limp Wrist" test.
I had to use a lighter recoil spring so my wife could shoot it too.
I guess better get a .380 for her if i can find ammo for it.

The lighter spring advise came from a Glock tech when i called them complaining about stove pipes.
By ChrisNCT
Those don't like any glock firing pin strikes to me. All the glock firing pin strikes I have seen have had a enlongated pin face and not a perfectly round face and they also have a area around the primer also bears the firing pin shape with is rectangular.

You replace the firing pin?
Last edited by ChrisNCT on Wed May 13, 2009 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By hayes1966
reload with lighter loads would probably work better for you wife.
By randolf
If you have a lighter recoil spring, you have more chance of getting dirt inside the firing pin channel , tiny brass remnants get stuck there and accumulate faster, you might need to clean it every 300 rounds, also
somehow lighter recoil spring makes the firing pin inconsistent Im using titanium plunger and firing pin I think it helps correct some problem, so far I only experience misfire when I used remington primer.
By Arby238
nyalex98 wrote:The problem is that Glock 19 fails miserably at the "Limp Wrist" test.
I had to use a lighter recoil spring so my wife could shoot it too.
I guess better get a .380 for her if i can find ammo for it.

The lighter spring advise came from a Glock tech when i called them complaining about stove pipes.
Reload with a light load.
I have let a lot of new female shooters try my Glock 19 and have never had ant trouble.
By nyalex98
Wow, so much info in a few hours!
I will solve it by using a regular OEM 18 pound spring.
My wife will have to shoot something else like .22, affordable too.
But thanks a lot for your replies. :D
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!