Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.
By AngryFishH
I am thinking of getting a new P3AT but after putting about 50 rounds through one I noticed a few things that bugged me that some of you who are already owners might have addressed.

1. Sights. Apparently the stock sights were an afterthought and I was thinking about an Armalaser. Mostly because I can't acquire the front sight on it when I aim and lasers are cool. Plus, this specific product helps square the frame which is a bonus for printing issues on a small pocket pistol.

2. Grip. If you have shot a few rounds with it you already know what I mean. I was using 70gr PowrBall which is what I would probably carry IF I carried that weapon and the coarse grip was very uncomfortable.

3. Accidental Dry Firing. With 6 in the clip and a non-locking slide I found myself forgetting how many rounds I had left and dry firing frequently, or at least more then I wanted to. Of, course, after each time wondering if I damaged the firing pin or related mechanisms.

Any help or advice is appreciated.

Glad I found this place. Happy Shooting!

Fish
By PaiN
I don't own a P3AT, but on my PF-9 I fit a houge hand-al jr. and worked the seem under the beaver tail, trigger guard and exposed grip with 1500 grit sandpaper and its now as smooth as a baby's ass, opposed to the first time I shot the weapon when it so sharp it sliced the web of my thumb and trigger finger wide open.....
By SigFan
The grip was one of the main reasons I decided on the LCP instead of the P3AT. But the sights are useless, I have to agree. As for dry firing, I really don't see any reason why this should be a problem on a modern centerfire pistol. I yet to get a good answer to that one.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!