Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.
By Wolvie56X
now that she has her Kel-Tec PF-9, shes looking into getting a full sized handgun now

she has her heart set on a Ruger SR9

i have a Glock 21 SF myself, but she wants to get herself a toy

shes kind of liking 9mm atm, any thoughts?

other then wanting a Glock 19 and 20, i think im gonna stick with Glocks myself :D
By equality72521
Glocks aside, if I were considering a full size I'd get a Springfield XDM - that is a sweet piece.
By PaiN
I don't see the words "best" and "SR9" used in close proximity to often :lol:

...now the M&P9 that's a different story and I happen to know where you can get one under $500 :wink: ...in the for sale section
By djmiked
I agree with equality, take a look at the Springfields, they would be my next choice after a Glock.
By JohnB
every home should have a 1911 :)
By Wolvie56X
ok i got my Glock 21 SF today and she got her SR9 and the SR9 is a major pain in the rear to open up

the glock is flawless, EXCEPT i took the advice of one of the guys who sold it to me and used a flathead screw driver to open up the slide release a little bit, snapped it off

but its OK, cause i was looking into ordering the 3mm longer one from TopGlock anyways :) gun still works without the slide release haha

and yes, the SR9 got another victim, ME, snipped my finger on the bugger trying to work the slide

both brand new and got a monster deal on the Glock, i was putting money on one every couple weeks or so until i got my pistol permit, just to have as much paid off on it and then i can just pick it up, well, went to the store, which will remain unnamed cause i still love the place, but they sold it, said it went too long between money being put down on it, well, they gave me a brand new Glock 21 for $10 more, the used one was $499, the brand new one was $509, cant beat that

and man is it a really sweet gun
By hayes1966
Glock 17 .. High Cap mags with a plus 2 added on ..
By equality72521
i took the advice of one of the guys who sold it to me and used a flathead screw driver to open up the slide release a little bit
He told you to do WHAT?! 8O 8O 8O
I'm speechless at the complete abuse of a defenseless Glock...!
Poor thing, daddy's coming...it's ok...it's gonna be alright...easy now, easy...
By Wolvie56X
yeah, i feel like a jackass, didnt know it was that delicate!! lol its ok, i got a better one coming in the mail soon
By guinness126
I don't seem to have a prob opening up the SR9. What I DO have an issue with are the two releases on the sides of your 21 to release the slide.

Guys, imagine this...me, with a bright yellow rubber glove on one hand, to "grip" these two barely existent releases and gently coerce them to release the slide. My fingertips were RAW trying to get those little buggers to budge! :x

The only thing I dislike about the SR9 is how sharp the edges of the slide are. Man oh man, it's like a razor. If you think papercuts are bad...
By CTSixshot
Ouch!

I'd think the best full-sized handgun under $600 is the one that you have on you when a crisis developes...but, I don't think that's really what the question was! Errrrr...what was the question?
By JohnFH
I'm going to throw a curve here.
Just my opinion, but I have say the best all around would be a 4" barrel .357, I'm partial to Smith & Wesson
By guinness126
Wow, JohnFH...I LOVE the way you think! Not many ppl go for revolvers.

That's a pretty good suggestion to check out. Thanks! :D
By Socom
If you want a pistol, I would go with the 1911 type, Taurus makes some very nice one's and are very reasonable in price, I just picked up a Taurus 1911B, for 585. and fell in love with it. Also have a Taurus 92-AF, Both are great, and will buy more, "Taurus" that is! P.S. I only buy new!
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!