Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

All hand gun related issues and questions which are not covered in another specialized forum.
By AGust82
My favorite carry gun has become the Glock 30. It's the .45 in sub compact version. (Same size as G26) If you are going to carry a G26 or G27, you might as well move up to the .45 if it's the same size. Bigger hole = deader bad guy.
You can get 9 rd mags without the extension to make it truly the same size as a 9mm 26.
By magneton44
Her's my G23, Customized by JOJO'S. I also carry the G36, Olive Drab in color..

By ketel1
AGust82 wrote:My favorite carry gun has become the Glock 30. It's the .45 in sub compact version. (Same size as G26) If you are going to carry a G26 or G27, you might as well move up to the .45 if it's the same size.
You can get 9 rd mags without the extension to make it truly the same size as a 9mm 26.
I think the G30 is a bit thicker then the 27. Which is a big deal for me in CCW. Correct me if im wrong.
By AGust82
I guess technically you are right Ketel1. The 26 and 27 are 1.18" thick and the 30 is 1.27" thick. I believe that is only about the thickness of a penny different though.
By ketel1
It must be in my head. Im the type , if i read it or someone tells me it sticks in my head regardless of how minute it may be. And it gates hard for me to shake that. lol Sorry bro.
By Preacherman1973
I have a S&W 9mm compact. I love it. Accurate, holds 12 rounds, easy to clean, never jams. Great pistol.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!