Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

General car chit-chat for the auto guys
By myglimk2
I have built many VW's in my past, nothing like this one. This is going to be a special project for me and nothing like anything else I have built before. My best friend bought this 1991 Jetta Coupe(mk2) several years ago with the intentions of fully restoring and customizing it. Over the years he slowly had no time or ambition to work on it. Fast forward to this past weekend. He and I don't get to talk to or see each other very often anymore due getting older and having families, etc. The past few years have been really hard on him and life changing, which is where the no motivation has come into play to start back up on the car.
Any who, he and I were talking over the weekend about the mk2. He will be giving me the car to finish and customize. I am looking forward to doing this project, it's a mix of the love I once had for my old VW's and the love for my best friend. To help him complete his dream of finishing this car and to help him just to be happy again. Most of all, I am looking forward to spending more time again with my best friend!

I will be using this thread as the official build thread on the car. Progress will be slow as I am limited physically on what I can do. I hope you guys enjoy!

This was on it's way home from MA. up near the NH. border. It was about a 5 hour round trip. A few days later the engine was pulled along with most of the interior. Currently the front end is sitting on jack stands with no front suspension, subframe, etc. This is going to be tricky getting it from East Hartford to Shelton! :lol:

By mu2bdriver
The body looks mint!
By myglimk2
mu2bdriver wrote:The body looks mint!
It is, no rust anywhere! All the bodywork and paint were done right before he bought it from the previous owner. Cost the previous owner $2k.
By PaiN
Jeff........I can almost feel your excitement. You're going to have some serious fun.
By JohnB
nice..looking forward to following this :)
By myglimk2
Hoping to get it here for this weekend! 8)
By myglimk2
Ready for the move!
Just got back from U-Haul. The Tiguan pulls it just fine! 8)

By myglimk2
Don't think I have the funds for that! :lol:
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!