News

We are now upgraded to the newest version of phpBB. It has more features. Enjoy.

If you've forgotten your password or are having trouble logging in, CLICK HERE for a reset password to be sent to you.

A project come true.

General car chit-chat for the auto guys

Moderator: Moderators

myglimk2
High Master IV
High Master IV

A project come true.

Postby myglimk2 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:23 pm

I have built many VW's in my past, nothing like this one. This is going to be a special project for me and nothing like anything else I have built before. My best friend bought this 1991 Jetta Coupe(mk2) several years ago with the intentions of fully restoring and customizing it. Over the years he slowly had no time or ambition to work on it. Fast forward to this past weekend. He and I don't get to talk to or see each other very often anymore due getting older and having families, etc. The past few years have been really hard on him and life changing, which is where the no motivation has come into play to start back up on the car.
Any who, he and I were talking over the weekend about the mk2. He will be giving me the car to finish and customize. I am looking forward to doing this project, it's a mix of the love I once had for my old VW's and the love for my best friend. To help him complete his dream of finishing this car and to help him just to be happy again. Most of all, I am looking forward to spending more time again with my best friend!

I will be using this thread as the official build thread on the car. Progress will be slow as I am limited physically on what I can do. I hope you guys enjoy!

This was on it's way home from MA. up near the NH. border. It was about a 5 hour round trip. A few days later the engine was pulled along with most of the interior. Currently the front end is sitting on jack stands with no front suspension, subframe, etc. This is going to be tricky getting it from East Hartford to Shelton! :lol:

"I believe that the human race has developed a form of collective schizophrenia in which we are not only the slaves to this imposed thought behavior, but we are also the police force of it."
-David Icke

mu2bdriver
Sharpshooter II
Sharpshooter II

Postby mu2bdriver » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:49 pm

The body looks mint!

myglimk2
High Master IV
High Master IV

Postby myglimk2 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:54 pm

mu2bdriver wrote:The body looks mint!

It is, no rust anywhere! All the bodywork and paint were done right before he bought it from the previous owner. Cost the previous owner $2k.
"I believe that the human race has developed a form of collective schizophrenia in which we are not only the slaves to this imposed thought behavior, but we are also the police force of it."

-David Icke

PaiN
High Master IV
High Master IV

Postby PaiN » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:17 pm

Jeff........I can almost feel your excitement. You're going to have some serious fun.
The Destroyer has arrived

"Even well-ordered republics are destined to decay into democracy and then into despotism." -Plato

JohnB
Master II
Master II

Postby JohnB » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:30 pm

nice..looking forward to following this :)

SR9
Admin
Admin

Postby SR9 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:15 pm

JohnB wrote:nice..looking forward to following this :)

Yes indeed. Should be a great project.
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." - John F. Kennedy 1962

NVPL : http://www.nvpl.greatatlantictrophy.com/
WLOPA : http://www.wlopa.com/index.htm

myglimk2
High Master IV
High Master IV

Postby myglimk2 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:48 pm

Hoping to get it here for this weekend! 8)

-David Icke

myglimk2
High Master IV
High Master IV

Postby myglimk2 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:08 pm

Ready for the move!
Just got back from U-Haul. The Tiguan pulls it just fine! 8)

-David Icke

CTSixshot
High Master II
High Master II

Postby CTSixshot » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:44 am

myglimk2
High Master IV
High Master IV

Postby myglimk2 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:58 am

Don't think I have the funds for that! :lol:

-David Icke

Return to “Automotive”