Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

General car chit-chat for the auto guys
By brian83
Anyone have some advice on how to do this?

Check engine light came on and my car started stalling a lot, went to autozone for the free light check, code said bad egr, bought a new one, sprayed the crap out of the intake with carb cleaner, scraped off the old gasket, put in the new egr, and the problem was worse.

When I scraped off the gasket, I definitely got some in the two intake holes. I was moving fast because it was raining, and that's probably part of the problem. The other thing is, I'm not sure how to get in that hole to clean it. It's on a sharp angle, and it's a very small opening. I imagine there's some kind of small flexible brush I could use, but I'm not sure where to get one. Alternatively, could I fill it up with some strong chemical and then try to shopvac it out?

Thanks for any advice you guys could give me.
By SR9
Without knowing exactly what it looks like I would try some compressed air if you have access to a compressor and a blow off nozzle. If not, try some brake cleaner and use the flexible nozzle to direct the stream.

Could also try to snake it out with a piece of piano wire.

In any case use eye protection.

Hope this helps.
By newguy
Good Old Fashion Pipe Cleaners that you get at CVS to clean corn cob pipes would work they sell them in packs behind the counter
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!