Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

General car chit-chat for the auto guys
By joesi
I have to say, i always thought that honda motors was a decent car! but i have to say that their honda odessey suck ass!!! and thier customer service sucks even more. i have a 2001 ex with 153.000 miles on it and its on its third transmission.. at 5.000 dollars a clip, WTF!! the last trans had only 33,000 miles on it when it blew. of course past warranty!! it is a factory issue that honda refuses to address! thats why they have a class action suit against them! and from what i can gather their accords, and some others have the same issue.. so beware of honda, they are not what they use to be.. never another honda new or old!!!
By ct67_72
Thats too bad. The honda transmissions have the same issues. Most trans rebuilders will use a different set of clutches for them to keep them from failing.
I had done quite a few while I ran a trans shop. I do hope you didnt pay 5k each out of pocket? We were overhauling them for around 2700$ with updated parts.
By SR9
I hope the OP means 5K for the overhaul and remove and replace. Even at that it seems high. I have not done any front drive cars so I cannot say how long it takes to remove and re-install the assembly. If the dealer did the work their hourly rates are pretty high though.
By raze
DAMN 5g's a shot? That is outrageous I worked for aamco as a heavy duty tech for a while and iirc those usually billed out around 2400ish all said and done

eta the pilots have a bad trans issue also
By joesi
yes sir,
my last cost on that trans was 4850.00, close enough for me! never ever will i buy a shitty honda! now i will try a good old american ford! and support my auto workers! i was as they say raped!!! the funny thing is i went to look at a ford and the sales person knew about the tranny issues on them shit boxes. well as they say live and learn! i hope ford is alot better.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!