News

We are now upgraded to the newest version of phpBB. It has more features. Enjoy.

If you've forgotten your password or are having trouble logging in, CLICK HERE for a reset password to be sent to you.

Off roading in CT?

General car chit-chat for the auto guys

Moderator: Moderators

myglimk2
High Master IV
High Master IV

Off roading in CT?

Postby myglimk2 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:57 pm

Anywhere in CT where I can do some mild off roading?

"I believe that the human race has developed a form of collective schizophrenia in which we are not only the slaves to this imposed thought behavior, but we are also the police force of it."
-David Icke

AGust82
Sharpshooter IV
Sharpshooter IV

Postby AGust82 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:40 am

Nepaug State forest is full of trails and there's always trucks in there. I'm not sure why an exception is made there but it appears to be legal. Search for it on some 4x4 forums. I think there are even trail maps out there.

myglimk2
High Master IV
High Master IV

Postby myglimk2 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:44 am

Awesome, thanks Agust!
"I believe that the human race has developed a form of collective schizophrenia in which we are not only the slaves to this imposed thought behavior, but we are also the police force of it."

-David Icke

JohnFH
Admin
Admin

Postby JohnFH » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:57 am

The state forest across from my house has trails
Details Count<br>Appleseed it's all about YOU, ask me<br>

myglimk2
High Master IV
High Master IV

Postby myglimk2 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:08 am

Are vehicles allowed in there though?

-David Icke

GixerJockey
Expert II
Expert II

Postby GixerJockey » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:57 am

AGust82 wrote:Nepaug State forest is full of trails and there's always trucks in there. I'm not sure why an exception is made there but it appears to be legal. Search for it on some 4x4 forums. I think there are even trail maps out there.

Its because those "trails" are acutally mapped fire roads. If you're legally registered, its ok to be on them. They were put in there to allow access to the powerlines for maintenence. If you stray from the "roads", technically youre no longer legal. I used to run my Tacoma through there. And now we dirtbike in there. Same thing... dirt bikes are road registered (that's another story). Same thnig at Pachaug and a few other state forrests around the state.

budget76
Marksman III
Marksman III

Postby budget76 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:23 pm

Going to shoot you a PM where I wheel. I've been wheeling long enough that I don't like to post the info up online, seen it too many times where people find out and go and trash the area, then it gets shut down.

I believe it falls into the fire road section Gixer was talking about.

What do you drive? I picked up (tired of spending time building) a 94 Cherokee on 35's, locked rear, etc. I'd be willing to meet up sometime, probably going to go on my lunch break/after work tomorrow or Thursday. Depends when I drive the truck to work.

raze
Marksman II
Marksman II

Postby raze » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:15 pm

Jeff what is offroading to you? playing in mud, sand, or rocks?

Also where people go in wolf harbor is highly patrolled by cops and game cameras every where.

If you like hard rock trails like i do there is not a whole lot in the area

67malibu
Expert I
Expert I

Postby 67malibu » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:35 pm

Funny yuo mention game cameras.. just had a friend 4 wheeling and got caught by the town and fined. he was seen by those cameras..lol

myglimk2
High Master IV
High Master IV

Postby myglimk2 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:24 pm

raze wrote:Jeff what is offroading to you? playing in mud, sand, or rocks?

Also where people go in wolf harbor is highly patrolled by cops and game cameras every where.

If you like hard rock trails like i do there is not a whole lot in the area

Well I only have my little AWD VW Tiguan, so no big rocks for me! :lol:
Just wanna play in the mud a little I guess. :twisted:

-David Icke

CTSixshot
High Master II
High Master II

Postby CTSixshot » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:37 am

How about the beaches in Rhode Island?
I know there is access, probably via permits, for fishermen, since I see campers and such out there. I doubt you'll have free reign to just trail-blaze and compromise the dunes and vegetation.

myglimk2
High Master IV
High Master IV

Postby myglimk2 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:58 pm

Too far. :(

-David Icke

Return to “Automotive”