Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

General car chit-chat for the auto guys
By myglimk2
I picked this boat up from my brother in law that owed me some money. My cousin and I are going half on bringing the boat and trailer back up to par.
My question is, what should I use to fill in all the little misc. screw holes? I am only filling in the ones that don't need to be there.

Pics, sorry none of the holes.

By doug
Im assuming the boat is fiberglass? I have used this guide before to repair holes in a boat before. You can go to autozone or pepboys or any marine dealer and get a fiberglass repair and patch kit or just some epoxy if its small holes

http://www.westsystem.com/ss/repairing- ... iberglass/
By newguy
Ya Fiberglass Mesh sheets and epoxy work real well. I helped someone with a boat like that. If you can do body work on a car it just like using bondo and mesh sheeting
By myglimk2
Not repairing any huge holes. Just some small screw holes from when the previous owner had misc. things mounted to it.
By 05roadking
3m makes a calking 3200 or 3400 not quite sure of the product number.
I've used it to bed thur hull transducers, seal gill brackets, all kinds fo below the water repairs and sealing. Works well sealing screw holes.
By JohnFH
West System epoxy and micro ballons, make a paste, fill the hole.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!