News

We are now upgraded to the newest version of phpBB. It has more features. Enjoy.

If you've forgotten your password or are having trouble logging in, CLICK HERE for a reset password to be sent to you.

Repairing holes in a boat...

General car chit-chat for the auto guys

Moderator: Moderators

myglimk2
High Master IV
High Master IV

Repairing holes in a boat...

Postby myglimk2 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:15 am

I picked this boat up from my brother in law that owed me some money. My cousin and I are going half on bringing the boat and trailer back up to par.
My question is, what should I use to fill in all the little misc. screw holes? I am only filling in the ones that don't need to be there.

Pics, sorry none of the holes.

"I believe that the human race has developed a form of collective schizophrenia in which we are not only the slaves to this imposed thought behavior, but we are also the police force of it."
-David Icke

doug
Marksman V
Marksman V

Postby doug » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:27 pm

Im assuming the boat is fiberglass? I have used this guide before to repair holes in a boat before. You can go to autozone or pepboys or any marine dealer and get a fiberglass repair and patch kit or just some epoxy if its small holes

http://www.westsystem.com/ss/repairing-machined-holes-in-fiberglass/

newguy
High Master II
High Master II

Postby newguy » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:32 pm

Ya Fiberglass Mesh sheets and epoxy work real well. I helped someone with a boat like that. If you can do body work on a car it just like using bondo and mesh sheeting

myglimk2
High Master IV
High Master IV

Postby myglimk2 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:20 pm

Not repairing any huge holes. Just some small screw holes from when the previous owner had misc. things mounted to it.
"I believe that the human race has developed a form of collective schizophrenia in which we are not only the slaves to this imposed thought behavior, but we are also the police force of it."

-David Icke

05roadking
Marksman III
Marksman III

Postby 05roadking » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:28 pm

3m makes a calking 3200 or 3400 not quite sure of the product number.
I've used it to bed thur hull transducers, seal gill brackets, all kinds fo below the water repairs and sealing. Works well sealing screw holes.

JohnFH
Admin
Admin

Postby JohnFH » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:52 pm

West System epoxy and micro ballons, make a paste, fill the hole.
Details Count<br>Appleseed it's all about YOU, ask me<br>

Return to “Automotive”