Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

General car chit-chat for the auto guys
By myglimk2
PaiN wrote:btw.....You are not allowed to use Plasti-Dip.... :wink:
Lol, haven't used any yet! :D
By myglimk2
SR9 wrote:
PaiN wrote:btw.....You are not allowed to use Plasti-Dip.... :wink:
Now here is a member not seen on the forum in awhile. How are ya Pain?
Ya, Pain, where ya been?! :x
By myglimk2
Got some stuff done over the past few days and some more parts showed up.
Just dropped the cylinder head parts off at the machine shop. He told me it'll be about another week. :banana:

The trunk is almost done. The floor is finished and the amp wires are run, just need to find some subs and an amp then finish wiring the tubes and mounting the amp. I want to make the entire system easily removable for track days. Enough talk, here are pics.

Removed all the shift linkage and replaced all the worn out bushings etc. Forgot to take a pic of it finished and repainted. Basically looks the same, minus rust. lol

Random pics.
By myglimk2
Got some more stuff done last night and only stayed up till 1am. Most of the time was spent cleaning the garage and putting my tools back so I can find them again.

Cleaned, sanded, and resprayed the K-frame and steering rack. Also, moved all the wires out of the way to start cleaning the driver side frame rail and fixing the surface rust. The pic below is a before. I'll post another one once I finish it up.
By Mike-Sid
looks great! Keep the pictures coming
By myglimk2
Sorry for the lack of progress/pics. Been to damn cold in the garage this past week. Should be getting the head back soon and then I'll be able to drop the engine back in. Well, still have to clean, paint, and service the trans with new fluid, seals, pushrod bushing and a pushrod bearing. Finished up the driver side frame rail and firewall. Got the master cylinder cleaned and painted along with the brake lines under the hood. The shifter assembly is back in along with new solid engine mounts and the front cross member.
Before:

Randoms:

Lightweight lower end pulleys.
By PaiN
No doubt a labor of love for you Jeff, you're doing an amazing job. :yeah:
By myglimk2
PaiN wrote:No doubt a labor of love for you Jeff, you're doing an amazing job. :yeah:
Thanks Mike!
By myglimk2
Picked up a cheap cart from Harbor Freight to clean and service the trans. Finished servicing the trans, cleaning, and painting it. Bolted it up to the engine and decided to drop it in.
Sorry for the lack of words. It's late and I'm beat! :blank:
Enjoy! 8)
By myglimk2
Got the hood "plasti-dipped" and the brake calipers/brackets along with the control arms painted. Also finished reassembling the bigger front brakes/knuckles. Factory size on the Jetta GL was 9.4'' solid rotors, what's going on are factory "GLI" 10.1'' vented brakes. Well, the new rotors aren't factory but, you get the point. lol

Pics in order as follows: Prepped, first coat, final coat.

10.1 brakes.
By myglimk2
Plasti-dip is like a rubberized coating. It's non permanent and can be peeled off like latex. It's also super durable and can be applied to just about anything and is really easy to work with. I actually have my whole wagon, from top to bottom "plasti-dipped". :lol:
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!