News

We are now upgraded to the newest version of phpBB. It has more features. Enjoy.

If you've forgotten your password or are having trouble logging in, CLICK HERE for a reset password to be sent to you.

When to call it

What if planning, survival, SHTF

Moderator: Moderators

AGust82
Sharpshooter IV
Sharpshooter IV

When to call it

Postby AGust82 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:36 pm

I've been entertained reading a lot of your posts about SHTF scenarios, and just like everyone else I've got my theories, supplies, and plans. The one topic no one ever mentions and I think about a lot is when it's time to start implementing said plans. I'm betting you wont be woken up by the sunlight in your window instead of an alarm clock one morning and just know it's happened. I'm expecting increased financial disaster, followed by escalating crime and lawlessness, probably at a fairly slow pace. It'll be very hard to tell when it's time to start skipping 911 calls. Obviously any type of break-in or home invaders will get lead with increased vigilance but I'm talking about gray areas. What's your trigger?

myglimk2
High Master IV
High Master IV

Postby myglimk2 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:40 pm

When it is no longer safe to walk out of your front door without a rifle slung over your back.
"I believe that the human race has developed a form of collective schizophrenia in which we are not only the slaves to this imposed thought behavior, but we are also the police force of it."
-David Icke

hayes1966
High Master II
High Master II

Postby hayes1966 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:46 pm

It took less than 48 hours for the fabric of society to break down in New Orleans after Katrina hit. I am not sure there is a specific time limit as such but waiting till the police can no longer maintain control may be too late.
NRA Certified Instructor - Si vis pacem, para bellum - http://www.ct-permit.com

GreggAndrews
High Master II
High Master II

Postby GreggAndrews » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:45 pm

I'll stop mashing 911 when it's obvious I'm not going to get help I need.
Sometimes you just have to Cowboy Up.

SR9
Admin
Admin

Postby SR9 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:14 am

myglimk2 wrote:When it is no longer safe to walk out of your front door without a rifle slung over your back.

+1
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." - John F. Kennedy 1962

NVPL : http://www.nvpl.greatatlantictrophy.com/
WLOPA : http://www.wlopa.com/index.htm

KenT
Sharpshooter I
Sharpshooter I

Postby KenT » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:43 am

SR9 wrote:
myglimk2 wrote:When it is no longer safe to walk out of your front door without a rifle slung over your back.

+1

Ditto

Return to “Survival Planning”