Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

What if planning, survival, SHTF
By GreggAndrews
As of late, I've been keeping a large ALICE pack in the trunk of my car, in addition to a shotgun & bandoleer of slugs. Realistically, I don't expect to carry hundreds of tons of things, only enough to abandon my vehicle with & bug out.

ALICE pack:

1. Space blankie: Really handy to have, cheap.
2. Cheapo felt blankie: Also super handy to have.
3. Lighters: Cheapo BIC's. (Run forever, and are handy in many ways).
4. Hatchet: Leather handled Estwing. Good for light wood & bad people.
5. Granola bars: They might taste like cardboard, but they're calories.
6. Camelpack water-thingy: Works fine. Me need water.
7. Cigarettes: There's always a pack in the car.
8. F/S Pattern 2: For those "touchy-feely" encounters.
9. Asherman Chest Seal: Pneumothoriasis sucks!
10. Gauze: Lots of gauze.
11. Stickytape: LOTS of stickytape.
12. Assorted Field dressings: Handy.
13. Rubbing alcohol: Errythang sterile (and burn-y) up in here.

I have a few other things in my car's BOB, mainly little things. The point of my car's BOB is to be a "get me home by foot" bag. As in, conditions have degraded to the point where it's no longer safe to travel by vehicle (Crown Victorias tend to draw unfriendly gunfire, dontcha know!)

This equipment is literally meant to get me from point A to B, whether it's 5 miles, or 50miles.
By AGust82
You drive around regularly with a shotgun and ammo in your car? Not that it's illegal or a bad weapon choice, but make sure you have your hunting license and a prepared back story for it. I've found that most cops are fairly ignorant of gun laws and may cuff you for that if you can't give an "acceptable" explanation. Granted, you will be free to go eventually, but it could be after a long, terrible day. It's happened to several people I know.
By myglimk2
Don't need a license or permit to have a long gun in the vehicle. It would also be none of their buisness what I carry around in my vehicle. At that point I would invoke my 4th admendment rights against illegal searches and seizures.

A LEO should not be feared by any means. You give them an inch and they'll take a mile. Don't do anything illegal and you shouldn't have a problem. Be respectful and know your rights!
By MadSmith
In-state, so long as the long guns are unloaded, they don't need to be locked up or in the trunk. No need to lock up the ammo either.
By GreggAndrews
myglimk2 wrote:Don't need a license or permit to have a long gun in the vehicle. It would also be none of their buisness what I carry around in my vehicle. At that point I would invoke my 4th admendment rights against illegal searches and seizures.

A LEO should not be feared by any means. You give them an inch and they'll take a mile. Don't do anything illegal and you shouldn't have a problem. Be respectful and know your rights!

Bingo! I'm not doing anything illegal!

It may sound crazy to some, but I travel areas that I now would never go into unarmed. There are only so many ways I can defend myself with my hands, a knife, or a Maglite, all of which I am perfectly comfortable using in a time of need. Sometimes, evading attacker(s) is not an option.

I'm not a troublemaker, nor do I draw any negative attention from law enforcement (they have no reason to!). I'm a regular guy, going to & from work, or out shopping. I really, truly don't want to get caught in the middle of mayhem.

To me, it's just another tool. That's the way it should be, because that is what it is.

It's meant to get me from point A, to point B when I'm on foot. During times of crisis (watch riot footage!), Crown Victorias tend to be bullet magnets. Actually, any automobile is.

And I would be very foolish if I think I could survive 10+ miles of chaos without a gun.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!