Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

What if planning, survival, SHTF
By XM15
I've been looking for a good multitool to buy my brother who is in the Army. I have a few different ones in mind, but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask some of you what you have/would get. I'm not concerned about price, only quality. Thanks alot!
By AgentP
I've heard good things about the Leatherman MUT. I would like to get one myself, someday. It's a little pricey $175.
By JohnB
love my leatherman wave Ti, been carrying it everyday now for 4 years
By XM15
If you shop around you can find much lower prices on the MUT. I've seen some priced below $125. I am leaning towards Leatherman and have been eyeing the MUT but I figured I would see what else is working for people. :)
By Hermes
I have a SOG multitool. I don't remember what model it is, but it's been to every camping trip with me, and been able to do everything I've needed it to do.
By newguy
May sound kinda lame but i been carrying a Swiss army Camper around with me for about 20 years. 87 tools. Always seems to get me out of a jam. When i need it.
By MessEleven
newguy wrote:May sound kinda lame but i been carrying a Swiss army Camper around with me for about 20 years. 87 tools. Always seems to get me out of a jam. When i need it.
Does it have wheels? 8O
By newguy
About only thing it doesn't have. It is wide fits in pocket well though. Some of the tools on it are pretty useless like the toothpick but it does come in handy
By snakeeater332
AgentP wrote:I've heard good things about the Leatherman MUT. I would like to get one myself, someday. It's a little pricey $175.
The Leatherman MUT is a great multitool and it's detailed here:

http://www.leatherman.com/product/MUT

Brownell's has them for $130 right now (non-EOD model):
http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=4122 ... MULTI-TOOL
By Hddreamer
Check eBay I just seen a stainless buy it now for 111.00
Black finish for 101.00
By ketel1
My leatherman Charge TI has held up for many years and is still going strong... I feel naked with out it. :D But The MUT is a great tool for Military/LE use.
By XM15
Picked up my Leatherman MUT today.

Found the best deal at ::drumroll::

WalMart! After tax it came to $101. 8)
By AgentP
Nice. Might have to go grab one at that price!
By snakeeater332
XM15 wrote:Picked up my Leatherman MUT today.

Found the best deal at ::drumroll::

WalMart! After tax it came to $101. 8)
Really?!? :o

Guess I'll swing by today or tomorrow and pick one up! Thanks for the info!
By hooligan
gerber 660, I have had one for over 15 years take care of it and use it all the time in the fire service, at home, at work and camping.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!