Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Off-Topic Discussions
By hayes1966
http://www.usatoday.com/picture-gallery ... g/2477293/

Kierran Broatch, right, portraying his great great grandfather John C. Broatch, accompanies William Hincks, center, portraying his great great, grandfather William Bliss Hincks, a Medal of Honor recipient. They take a Confederate flag from a color bearer portrayed by Skip Koontz, second from left, of Sharpsburg Md. Matt Rourke, AP

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/media/USATOD ... 10a837ffd4
By hayes1966
Anyways I wanted to share this with you.
These are the items that are sewn into the flag that we will carry and that you all will capture.

3rd Issue Wool Bunting (14th Tenn.) with battle honors
Grass from Colonel Forbes’s home. (Clarksville Tenn.) Sewn under center star
Grass from Riverview & Greenwood Cemeteries, Clarksville Tenn. c/s soldier buried there.
Sack of soil from site of Camp Duncan sewn in upper part of canvas hoist. Stone sewn under star from Camp Duncan.
Grass from Willoughby’s Run (1st day action, July 1st 1863 Gettysburg)
Grass from Tennessee Monument (Starting position of the 14th Tenn.) for Pickett/Pettigrew Charge, July 3, 1863 Gettysburg)
Grass from area where flag was captured by the 14th Ct. (Pickett/Pettigrew Charge, July 3, 1863 Gettysburg)

Capt. Sandy Andrews
14th Tennessee, Co, B
By XM15
I would like to go back soon. Its been too many years since I've been there.

I think they have done quite a bit of work to the park as of late especially with the Visitor Center/ Cemetary Hill area.
By SR9
XM15 wrote:I would like to go back soon. Its been too many years since I've been there.

I think they have done quite a bit of work to the park as of late especially with the Visitor Center/ Cemetary Hill area.
Same here. Been a long time since I was there too and i would like to go back.
By myglimk2
Had a blast when a bunch of friends and I went down there several years ago. Visited a lot of historical places and thought it was awesome that the entire town all dress for the occasion. 8)
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!