Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Off-Topic Discussions
By PaiN
Since I can't shake "bike fever" I stated looking locally. Spending 20g's on new isn't really cool right now. :?

I came across this "97" Super Glide
Here's the description:
In great condition runs good, new black paint, lots of aftermarket add ons. New tires and battery. $5500 OBO
http://hartford.craigslist.org/mcy/3840540115.html

What's the verdict?

thanks[/img]
By CTSixshot
Take the chain and lock off the rear wheel before flight...
... it might scratch the rims!
By JohnFH
Nice looking, I'm around if you want another set of eyes

Was out half the day today
By PaiN
The price seems okay?
I looked up the in the Kelley Blue Book, the value in excellent condition is $5030
By JohnFH
battery is 100 bucks and tires were about 160 each I think last year

with a few chrome parts, not out of line and it's very clean

walk up with 5k cash and hand it to him, bet he hands over the title

Just make sure you run it first, make sure it shifts and runs right
By myglimk2
By Hddreamer
Offer 4500 nobody's getting book for bikes right now it's a buyers market , I just got rid of mine and got killed on it I had invested 40k into it and got 14k in return there's a lot of good bikes out there for real cheep just got to look if he dosent take the 4500 cash walk away
By PaiN
I've been thinking about the bike(while I did yard work :? ) this morning and I don't want to plunk down 5k on a 16year old bike.

The new Honda CB1100 has really caught my eye. These are under $10k new
By Jason
Not sure what your riding goals are, but I've ridden on and off for about 15 years... in 2011 I picked up a BMW R1200RT new. You can get used ones at great prices and they are amazing machines.

Looks like you're after more of a cruiser, which these aren't.

I really love mine - I've done thousands of miles in a week and was ready for more. I usually ride alone, but Every time I ride with a group, I'm always the last to want to stop.

It is fantastic in the cold (heated seats & grips) and rain. I'll happily ride it in well below freezing temps if there's no ice on the ground. My riding year is at least 3-4 months longer than it was when I had a cruiser.

My father has a Harley which I also really enjoy but it's a very different experience.

The RT is just amazing in the twisties - drop the bags off (takes one minute to do) and it's even better.

Regarding Honda, I had a Shadow and a PC800 (Yeah yeah) - both were incredibly reliable but neither felt like they had much of a soul.

Before he got his Harley, my father had a CB750 and he put thousands and thousands of miles on it, but he never loved it.
By JohnFH
Regarding Honda, I had a Shadow and a PC800 (Yeah yeah) - both were incredibly reliable but neither felt like they had much of a soul.
What a perfect way to word that. I had honda and kawasaki too.
By jamesb
I miss not having a bike right now. I'm more of a street bike kind of guy, but this was my last. Honda Shadow.

By 05roadking
In todays market that is a little high. Keep looking if you want a HD go twin cam FI.
By PaiN
The Super Glide got sold to someone else today......moving on. :)
By Mike-Sid
I've been watching the motorcycle section on Craig's list for a while. If you got cash on hand there are some awesome deals on Harley's. I know that Super Glide sold, but I think mileage is one of the most important things to keep in mind. There are a lot people who buy a new bike, either loose interest, get scared of the bike, or even gently drop it at a light, or in their driveway and put it in the garage and ignore it for a few years, then sell it.
My advice look for a nice low mileage bike, funny thing they go for about the same as the same bike with moderate mileage. Keep us posted!

I took a ride to Lake George today and saw one of these http://powersports.honda.com/touring/20 ... g-f6b.aspx Cool bike......come on Pain, it's only money! :lol: :lol:
By PaiN
Mike-Sid wrote: My advice look for a nice low mileage bike, funny thing they go for about the same as the same bike with moderate mileage. Keep us posted!
I'm going to Yankee HD this morning @11am. I plan to spend some time looking over the new and used inventory(mostly used)..We'll see what sparks my interests and I'll get a good idea on prices. If nothing else it'll be fun and a nice deviation from the gun shops :wink:
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!