Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Off-Topic Discussions
By hayes1966
Dear John,

Thank you for adding your voice to the growing number of consumers who want the right to know if their food is genetically modified. If you think your friends and family would like this information on the label so they can make an informed choice, please forward this action.

Sincerely,
Jean Halloran, NotInMyFood.org
Consumers Union, policy and action from Consumer Reports

=====FORWARD THIS MESSAGE=====

Industry lobbyists would like nothing more than to kill a bill in Connecticut that would require genetically engineered food – like tortilla chips or salmon – be labeled.

If you’re like me, and think consumers in Connecticut have the right to know this information, then take action now by going to Consumers Union’s website. The Connecticut House has until June 5 to pass a strong labeling bill, and we need as many residents as possible to weigh in.

Just go to Consumers Union's website to send your own email. It only takes a minute, and will give us the right to make an informed choice when shopping for food for our families. Take action here.

https://secure.consumersunion.org/site/ ... 8d.app244a
By PaiN
GE foods is another way this out of control government is waging war against your freedoms...A sick man is a controllable man.
By JohnFH
When do I get my straw hat?

Any one that wants organic eggs and veggies let me know, I'm farming
By newguy
Don't worry they built plenty of natural gas energy plants to use as a backup to burn bodies. When people start dropping dead from eating this stuff.
By PaiN
The problem is more incidious than "dropping dead". This is war by food, we need it, they control it. Know this for what it is, "corporate governance" ....The heath issues are only an added benefit for this mega-corporation.
By JohnFH
When do I get my straw hat?

Any one that wants organic eggs and veggies let me know, I'm farming
By mu2bdriver
JohnFH wrote: Any one that wants organic eggs and veggies let me know, I'm farming
Are you doing raised beds or traditional planting? I'm sick of looking at a backyard full of grass and considering different options for the next planting season.
By Mike-Sid
hayes1966 wrote:Dear John,

Thank you for adding your voice to the growing number of consumers who want the right to know if their food is genetically modified. If you think your friends and family would like this information on the label so they can make an informed choice, please forward this action.

Sincerely,
Jean Halloran, NotInMyFood.org
Consumers Union, policy and action from Consumer Reports

=====FORWARD THIS MESSAGE=====

Industry lobbyists would like nothing more than to kill a bill in Connecticut that would require genetically engineered food – like tortilla chips or salmon – be labeled.

If you’re like me, and think consumers in Connecticut have the right to know this information, then take action now by going to Consumers Union’s website. The Connecticut House has until June 5 to pass a strong labeling bill, and we need as many residents as possible to weigh in.

Just go to Consumers Union's website to send your own email. It only takes a minute, and will give us the right to make an informed choice when shopping for food for our families. Take action here.

https://secure.consumersunion.org/site/ ... 8d.app244a
Oh no, you got a "Dear John" letter :lol: :lol:
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!