Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Off-Topic Discussions
By SR9
Like many of us I belong to quite a few forums and enjoy each for their unique contributions to shooting, collecting or competition. That said, I would like to put out a few thoughts on forums.

If you have a favorite that you really enjoy that's great, a kind word is a good thing. I have many that I enjoy and learn a lot from. Forums are a great way to exchange information, meet like minded people and make new friends. My favorites I visit frequently and had good experiences on them.

Should you have a less than desirable experience on a forum then do not go back. Also, remember that electronic media is not the same as talking in person and does not convey our tone of voice, expressions or other body language that would be true indications of our position. That said we need to have a thicker skin to something said that may rub us the wrong way. In addition, there is inevitably a few posters that will be less than polite or considerate and possibly abrasive. We all know what that is, we work with them and encounter them in every day life. That does not necessarily mean they are bad people. I am sure the moderators know who to watch and will take appropriate action if needed. I do not know of any forum that wants a bad rap for malicious posts.

We as a community stand to gain nothing by dissing each other or other forums. Even casual reference to another forum in a negative light can do harm to community relations. I believe that while each forum has it's own unique environment that we as a community should not put up dividing lines. We should all be on the same team.

I know that I am preaching to the choir here and every where in our community but after reading posts on various forums we can all use a reminder to stay on topic and avoid divisive discussion.

Ok, rant off. Flame me if you wish.
By myglimk2
Great post ,SR9! 8)
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!