Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Off-Topic Discussions
By Malaga2
Advised a friend that it was perfectly acceptable for him to sell 2 AR15's (legal post ban) to a Ct resident without involving FFL. My friend lives in NY...
Gave this advice on two desperate days...when he questioned this the morons who work at this store corrected him indicating that they know the law and he did not!!!
Advice like this will get one arrestedπŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
By nvisn
Tony, I'm sorry but your advice was incorrect. Only an FFL can legally sell a rifle to an out of state person.

Example. I as a CT resident can buy a long arm from an NY gun store, however I cannot legally buy the same gun from an NY resident without an FFL.
By mberoose
Advice like yours, not Valley Firearms', will get one arrested.

It's like buying a gun on GunBroker from an individual in a different state and having it shipped directly to your door. That it's in NY is irrelevant.
By nvisn
Maybe I'm confused.

Did VF tell your friend it was OK to sell it to an out of state resident or did you? The wording on the post is a bit circular.
By myglimk2
nvisn wrote:Maybe I'm confused.

Did VF tell your friend it was OK to sell it to an out of state resident or did you? The wording on the post is a bit circular.
This... :?
By Malaga2
Valley Firearms gave this advice...thus the heading Valley Firearm Idiots!!!!!
Once could be a mistake...twice is incompetance
By Malaga2
mberoose wrote:Advice like yours, not Valley Firearms', will get one arrested.

It's like buying a gun on GunBroker from an individual in a different state and having it shipped directly to your door. That it's in NY is irrelevant.
Dude read the effin post! It started with Valley Firearms idiots ....
By mberoose
I see it now. 'Pologize, pologize, flu & fever's got me all screwed up. :hic:
By mrnuke
Malaga2 wrote:Advised a friend that it was perfectly acceptable for him to sell 2 AR15's (legal post ban) to a Ct resident without involving FFL. My friend lives in NY...
Gave this advice on two desperate days...when he questioned this the morons who work at this store corrected him indicating that they know the law and he did not!!!
Going by how you worded your original post, you can't blame anyone for thinking YOU screwed up. So next time try to make it sound more clear.

Sometimes putting a title and following with the body is not put together immediately.
By SpaceCritter
I haven't been down there in quite awhile now, but... I'm surprised. Did you approach the management there about this (I'm guessing a hireling speaking out of turn)?
By SR9
mrnuke wrote:
Malaga2 wrote:Advised a friend that it was perfectly acceptable for him to sell 2 AR15's (legal post ban) to a Ct resident without involving FFL. My friend lives in NY...
Going by how you worded your original post, you can't blame anyone for thinking YOU screwed up. So next time try to make it sound more clear.

Sometimes putting a title and following with the body is not put together immediately.
I agree
By Malaga2
SR9 wrote:
mrnuke wrote:

I forgot I was writing to those not capable of following a very basic concept...for the brainless among us....I was commenting on advice given on two separate occasions by two separate people working at Valley Firearms. On my next communication I will include pictures for those who cannot read :))
By Mike-Sid
Malaga2 wrote:
SR9 wrote:
mrnuke wrote: Going by how you worded your original post, you can't blame anyone for thinking YOU screwed up. So next time try to make it sound more clear.

I forgot I was writing to those not capable of following a very basic concept...for the brainless among us....I was commenting on advice given on two separate occasions by two separate people working at Valley Firearms. On my next communication I will include pictures for those who cannot read :))
Please don't be so hard on my buddy Malaga2! He is trying as hard as he can to be coherent and socially acceptable, but in the end he is still Irish! :pals:
By myglimk2
:laff:
By nvisn
Mike-Sid wrote:
Malaga2 wrote:
SR9 wrote:
Please don't be so hard on my buddy Malaga2! He is trying as hard as he can to be coherent and socially acceptable, but in the end he is still Irish! :pals:
Hey I represent that statement!
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!