Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Off-Topic Discussions
By Savage99
The Dakota and Sirloin Saloon restaurants of the New England area have a pro hunting theme.

The Avon, CT Dakota has covers of Outdoor Life with pictures of hunters and also an actual photograph of old hunters with their deer and rifles.

Please support these excellent restaurants.

http://www.steakseafood.com/dak/

"'Partners In Education' Program

The restaurants have developed strong relationships with their local schools through the 'Partners in Education' Program. Elementary school classes are invited to the restaurants for educational history tours of the extensive authentic Native American art collections and master animal trophies that are displayed."
By CTSixshot
Similar wall decor at the Bugaboo Creek in Manchester, but I wouldn't assume it is the restaurants political persuasion. I think it's just a play on the north country image...just don't know.
By JohnB
whatever it is..its a great excuse to gp for a steak !!
By hayes1966
and a salad on the side .. right John!
By JohnB
sure, a 16oz salad with sauteed mushrooms !!
By PaiN
JohnB wrote:sure, a 16oz salad with sauteed mushrooms !!
you didn't mention dounuts??

:lol:
By JohnB
and a donut..

:P
By equality72521
The Dakota's in Cromwell (Rocky Hill? 91-North...) is my wife's favorite restaraunt, PERIOD. I don't even ask her where she wants to go on her birthday anymore because I know the answer. The food is always consistently good, the salad bar is awesome, and it always smells like a nice wood fire in there. Any restaraunt that has an stuffed adult brown bear right in the entrance is sending a message... :)
Bugaboo Creek is more of a family restaraunt. The Moose who sings "Bugaboo Nell" is quite a hit with the kids.
By Savage99
Here is a picture hanging in the Avon Dakota.

By Savage99
The Dakota Restaurant in Rocky Hill, CT is still open. The Dakota in Avon closed along with the one in Manchester, VT.

I think the one in Pittsfield, MA is still open.

I had one of the best prime rib's I have ever had tonight at the Rocky Hill Dakota.

Also the blue cheese dressing at the salad bar is the best anywhere.

http://www.dakotarockyhill.com/

They have game heads mounted all over the restaurant along with pictures of hunters with guns and game.

By KenT
CTSixshot wrote:Similar wall decor at the Bugaboo Creek in Manchester, but I wouldn't assume it is the restaurants political persuasion. I think it's just a play on the north country image...just don't know.
Bugaboo Creek closed down a while ago :(
By hayes1966
JohnB wrote:sure, a 16oz tube steak and tossed salad !!
You are a very sick and twisted individual.
By punisher
hayes1966 wrote:
JohnB wrote:sure, a 16oz tube steak and tossed salad !!
You are a very sick and twisted individual.
Ive never had a tube steak and never will.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!