Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Off-Topic Discussions
By AGust82
I was just delivered my new work van, a Chevy express with the worst radio imaginable. AM/FM only. A CD player would be nice but not necessary, mostly I just want to add an aux port for plugging in an Ipod. What's my best option? I've been lucky enough to drive decent vehicles for a while now but I remember in the old days changing out a head unit was pretty easy. Is it still as simple as buying the "kit" and plugging/bolting it in? I tried one of those FM transmitter things and hated it. Sounded like staticy mess most of the time.
By myglimk2
It should still be just as easy to purchase the proper fit kit and adapter for a plug and play install. :wink:
By Hddreamer
Yes it is that easy I have changed several 2000+ model
Pop off the dash face plate ,each side of the radio ha a bolt /screw some Chevys have a lever on each side push down on them and pull out and disconnect the wires
Must get wire harness for year and model van and faceplate kit both have instructions in them ,put back together and your ready to rock !
By Mike_Diako
You'll most likely need an interface module for the Express van. The door chime runs through the factory radio.
By Mike_Diako
There are companies out there who make high quality wired FM modulators. I would personally go that route if it was just a a work w vehicle and not your own.
By JohnB
if you buy it from bestbuy..they will install it for free
By hayes1966
JohnB wrote:if you buy it from bestbuy..they will install it for free
You should have plenty of experience removing and installing car radios from all the time running around Droysdon :)
By nvisn
Mike_Diako wrote:You'll most likely need an interface module for the Express van. The door chime runs through the factory radio.
This

And BBY will install it after you buy this $90 harness. LOL
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!