Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Off-Topic Discussions
By SR9
Hope everyone got through the storm ok. I got 24 inches of snow with drifts at my place. Took me 5 hours on Saturday to clear my 180 foot driveway to the street and 2 hours yesterday to liberate my cars and deck.

Side roads are cleared to 1 lane and in places 1 1/2 lanes. Main roads are pretty good but sight lines are not great due to the high snow piles.

My youngest son lives in Niantic and was out of power from Late Friday until 1300 Sunday. Got down to 40 in his apartment.
By newguy
We got like 32 inches here in Portland. It took till 1pm yesterday to have them plow my road. I did my driveway on Saturday then Had to snowblow a 5 foot wall at the end of my driveway when they plowed the street on Sunday. Then i went down to my sister house and since she owns her own private road myself and my brother inlaw snowblowed the whole road
By newguy
Yes 7 hours outside Saturday and then another 6 hours on Sunday. I am hurting today. I can't believe how out of shape I am :lol:
By denick
In the Northwest most corner, Lakeville less than 18" things have been open all the time. Drifting only big problem Saturday.
By JohnFH
26" in near Winchester Center, no big problems, had everything cleared sat afternoon, and the roads were clear the whole time.

I do like the Tim the Toolman mods my brother in law did to my snowblower, no substitute for horse power ahrrrr ahhrrrr ahhrrrr :wink:
By JohnB
all i can say is..im glad i bought a new snowblower this year 8)

By Hddreamer
Got around 30 inches in north haven, haven't seen a plow since Friday and were under 1/8 of a tank of oil !
Hope they clear he street soon !
Also put in 8 1/2 hours yesterday snow blowing my property!
By SpaceCritter
Skywarn spotter says 36.2" in Oxford. Driveway done with the John Deere, but still plenty of hand shovelling and roof raking. Sore back, sore shoulders, sore paws, ...
By PaiN
What Storm? :toothless:

By JohnFH
Pain, I had the same thing, but my door opens out. I had to climb out a window.
By classacked
Enfield got nailed. All I can say is I am thankful for our two car garage and our snowblower.
Not that spending 12 1/2 hours over two days was fun but we never lost power and had plenty of food and gas.
Hopefully everyone is safe, warm, and injury free..
By SR9
JohnFH wrote:Pain, I had the same thing, but my door opens out. I had to climb out a window.
I did not have to climb out a window but same drift on the door.
By JohnFH
I'm thinking about getting a new door :(
By SR9
Thankfully we don't use our front door much and having snow that deep just keeps unwanted visitors away. The storm door keeps the water out.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!