Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Off-Topic Discussions
Not sure if you guys know the answer,may be a nj issue vs ct. Grandpa used to hunt to provide food for the family,and has some various shotguns/rifles. He passed away a year or so ago, and they are just sitting in the safe. Grandma has no issue with them going to family,I I'm just wondering if I would have to do anything to legally bring them to ct and own them. Hoping I wouldn't have to ship them to a ffl

Probably a nj issue, but figure I'll ask
By sigequinox
if said firearms are rifles and shotguns you currently DO NOT need to bring transfer them through ffl.

If things at the federal level turn out like NY down the road then we may have to do things like that. As of now though, no.

***I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice. It is my understanding of the law that you do not have to**
By budget76
Thank you for the input, that was my thought as well. I need to get down there and get them in my posession.

I know he took good care of them, but I worry moisture or something got into the safe. I want to give them a new home and a nice, thorough cleaning 8) Don't know when I'm going to be down there again though :?
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!