Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Off-Topic Discussions
By newguy
So i went and applied for a RSO job at a certain range. I wont mention which one. But i went out of my way to go there apply and then come back and interview and it been over a week now without even the curtsy of letting me know if I have the job or not. I swear bussiness these days just don't care about keeping you informed and just leave you out to dry. It not like this is a million dollar a week job. Just have the common curtsy to call someone back. Sorry needed a ranting platform :lol: BTW i called back and left a voicemail to check on status with still no result
By magneton44
Yup..most places just SUCK :cry:
By CTSixshot
Get used to it!
I can testify to this 100-fold...
By Mike_Diako
I refuse to hire anyone unless they perpetually call to follow up. It shows they have drive and motivation. This my opinion through.
By magneton44
I'm out of the loop..must be the new way,,badger the perspective employer?
I'd be worried that the perspective employer would be thinking >>>PIA :oops: A letter or call back, mostly letters are the norm. But, not my BIZ.
By CTSixshot
It just goes to show the varieties of thought. Most perspective employers tend to withhold contact information (ie. phone numbers) and specify "No Phone Calls!" Most times, you don't even know who the employer is.
I tend to think most "Help Wanted" ads are just spam schemes.
By newguy
I just think it poor business practice not to just call someone back and say sorry you didn't get the position. But maybe I am living in a fantasy world
By SR9
Electronic communication has made us a very impersonal society and that seems to carry through to everything. Maybe they just don't care. I don't know, sure is not very courteous though.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!