Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Off-Topic Discussions
By PaiN
I've been posting as much as I can, the Red Flags are up......I hope, at this point, most of us are heeding the warnings.
The time has come to force a change, a change for Liberty and true Freedom.
This is the time to cross the line, change happens now or tyranny rolls over us.

As you saw, Shapiro’s response to Morgan’s ridiculous question was this: “I fear the possibility of a tyranny rising in this country in the next 50 to 100 years.” With all respect to Mr. Shapiro for engaging with the establishment hack Piers Morgan, his fear is wrongly centered on some future event in which tyranny has, at long last, come to the United States.

Tyranny, my friends, is indeed a relative term. For while it is true that Obama has not murdered the Jewish population in his country such as Hitler has done, how can Obama’s presidency not be tyrannical when those brave Old Right and early libertarian individuals protested the rise of the Executive and cried out against Roosevelt, Wilson, and FDR? For have not Bush and Obama continued the horrendous policies of the progressive era?

If the very institution of the 16th amendment was tyranny to the freedom lovers back in 1913 and the income tax rate at that time was less than 10%, how do we not live in tyranny with a tax rate above 30%?

If “war is the health of the State,” and the United States government has been involved in perpetual war for decades with the goal of colonization, gathering oil, verifying the use of the dollar, and playing favorites in the Middle East, by what other definition are you going to describe tyranny?

If the President can kill his own people with drones, detain them with the NDAA, spy on them with the PATRIOT Act, track their online activity with bills like SOPA and PIPA, regulate every single industry, steal from the middle class to give to the poor, steal from the middle class and the poor to give to the rich, then by what other standard are we going to define tyranny?

If every individual is mandated to have government regulated, controlled, and subsidized health insurance, if the working man is forced to subsidize the poisonous toxins known as psychiatric drugs, if every person, regardless of personal conviction, is forced to give up their hard earned money and their dignity to support the millions of murders in an act called abortion, how will we even recognize tyranny when we see it?

If the debt ceiling continues to rise year after year and has most recently been suspended, if the Federal Reserve can print their paper money and destroy the capital of the US economy, if the businesses are over-regulated, taxed, outlawed by Federal fiat, forced to spend far more on compliance than their profits allow, and are constantly existing in fear of an OSHA, EPA, or FDA assault, is there really something else that must be added which we will label “tyranny?”

If “consent of the governed” is used as permission to break natural law and if the governed have no permission to withdraw consent, must we really look for tyranny in the next “50 years?”

Income taxes, sales taxes, property taxes, capital gains taxes, inheritance taxes, corporate taxes, license and permit taxes (of which there are hundreds), gasoline taxes, accounts receivable taxes, the hidden inflation tax. Taxes on taxes. Fines on taxes. Taxes on fines.

Compulsory education in which the State brainwashes the children. Over 20,000 gun restriction laws. Troops all over the world. Armed marijuana raids. Free speech zones. Gun-free zones. The TSA breaching our bodies and our dignity at the airport. Anti-competing money laws so that the Federal Reserve can debase our currency that we are forced to use (is this not the real source of widespread poverty?!).

Monopolized oil industry. Monopolized communication industry. Monopolized airlines. Bailouts for rich. Bailouts for the poor. Seeking the government’s permission to marry my wife. Seeking the government’s permission to drive my car. The government telling me I cannot drive my car because I need to have it smogged.

I could go on and on. I have not even touched the surface.

Here is the point. Don’t wait for a Hitler to call your government tyrannical. We will never have a Hitler. Hitler was German. If we had a Hitler, the people would rightly revolt. We have Bush and Obama. They salute the American flag, therefore most Americans think these presidents, “while imperfect,” are not the enemy. If only the Germans had rejected this “patriotic” mindset during Hitler’s reign.

Please do your liberties and your children’s liberties a favor and realize that to love one’s country is to be ever suspicious, paranoid even, of that country’s government.

The reason most American’s don’t see it is because they are so well behaved, they don’t know what to look for. Here is a test. If you stopped paying taxes because you felt that it is your own money that you want to spend on your own well-being, how would the government respond? With a fine. Then what? Threats. Then what? Jail. What if you tried to escape them when they came to kidnap you? You might get shot and killed. For what? Protecting your property.

Stop looking for a tyranny in the next century and starting recognizing it here and now. Should we then revolt to overthrow the government? Hardly. Secede, nullify, protect yourself and your family. That is the American way. God will protect you from the tyrants. The government will crash on its own.

http://libertycrier.com/u-s-constitutio ... dium=email
By PaiN
Not much response....? Maybe the point of this is missed?

I'll try to boil it down.
I believe what this article brings forth is how far down the rabbit hole we are. How the slow-drip, totalitarian tip-toe has whittled away at freedom and liberty over the generations......How its oppressions have become such a part of life that we don't realize it is even there.
What must be understood is that we are now in "end game". The last thread of what we have as Free Persons is about to be cut.

It is deep in, the red flags have been up for a very long time.....but it is not over, we have one last chance to turn this tide.
By magneton44
I totally agree!! I think, to some degree, there is a position of DENIAL, like AW, it's not happening or it's not going to happen. Because we don't want it to happen. There will only be one response,,,not really looking forward to it.
By PaiN
magneton44 wrote:I totally agree!! I think, to some degree, there is a position of DENIAL, like AW, it's not happening or it's not going to happen. Because we don't want it to happen. There will only be one response,,,not really looking forward to it.
Like I've said before; the lie has become the truth. This is a a scary thing.
We always believed that "we the people" have guided this country. The truth is we have lost control. The enemy was within and has eaten through, killed the body of America. Now it is hardly believable....and yes, DENIAL is the typical response, but it does not change the fact of what is.
By magneton44
PaiN wrote:
magneton44 wrote:I totally agree!! I think, to some degree, there is a position of DENIAL, like AW, it's not happening or it's not going to happen. Because we don't want it to happen. There will only be one response,,,not really looking forward to it.
Like I've said before; the lie has become the truth. This is a a scary thing.
We always believed that "we the people" have guided this country. The truth is we have lost control. The enemy was within and has eaten through, killed the body of America. Now it is hardly believable....and yes, DENIAL is the typical response, but it does not change the fact of what is.
So True.... :(
By SR9
PaiN wrote:Not much response....? Maybe the point of this is missed?

I'll try to boil it down.
I believe what this article brings forth is how far down the rabbit hole we are. How the slow-drip, totalitarian tip-toe has whittled away at freedom and liberty over the generations......How its oppressions have become such a part of life that we don't realize it is even there.
What must be understood is that we are now in "end game". The last thread of what we have as Free Persons is about to be cut.

It is deep in, the red flags have been up for a very long time.....but it is not over, we have one last chance to turn this tide.
I agree, I just hope you are right about this last chance. Strike one=elect BHO the first time, strike 2 elect him again and his comrads a second time, Strike 3 is the loss of the 2A.

Indeed this is the last chance, we cannot fail, we must dig in, we must continue until the end. What ever that may be.

I know that I have burning up my keyboard and wearing out the numbers on my phone doing my best. Everyone has to get involved, for the sake of the nation and for our sake.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!