Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Off-Topic Discussions
http://oxford-ct.patch.com/articles/new ... lt-weapons

"Newtown's Police Chief said the shooter was carrying heavier firepower than his officers. 'We never like to think we're outgunned in any situation we're dealing with,' he told NBC News."

Oh, pluh-eeez. Why am I betting his department's weapons inventory is a tad heavier than a semi-auto and a couple of pistols?

Twenty-six people died because those aforementioned weapons were twenty minutes away.
By punisher
Yeah thats nothing but a lie.
Its more like the chief failed to protect the victims by upholding the "gun free zone " law.
So now hes passing the buck.
" dear chief, you failed at your job"
By mu2bdriver
Let the Chief know how ridiculous he sounds:

[email protected]
203-270-4255

45 Officers/Sergeants/etc. on the rolls and they were 'outgunned' by an autistic kid with an AR and two pistols. His comments are easy to make and fit the State's political narrative the majority party is trying to weave, but are nonsensical upon the most minimal of critical thought.
By MagysDrawers
Should come as no surprise to anybody. Police chiefs are notoriously political animals and sway with the political winds. Watch how the mayors go and the chiefs follow. Being Newtown, ya think he'd say anything else??? Earlier posts hit it square - response time. If the cops can't respond immediatly, and they never can, all the more argument for staff trained for some kind of active response instead of just trying to lock doors.
By punisher
I sent an email of his dissaproval and have yet to get a reply.

Maybe their coming to get me.
By 19-3ben
Ummm why would it matter anyway.

I mean, in the North Hollywood shootout, the cops really were outgunned, but it mattered because they were in a gun battle with the perps.

In this case, Lanza killed himself before the cops ever got eyes on him. It wouldn't matter if he had a squirt gun or a freaking RPG. The cops never had to fight him.

I sent a letter to the chief that was pleasantly worded but basically said WTF?
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!