Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Off-Topic Discussions
By Hddreamer
Has anyone seen the Sunday opinion section of the register today ,
Some jacka** wrote about how guns kill people not people kill people !
How ignorant can people be if ya get a chance to read It do so ,
I wrote back it will be interesting to see if they publish it ,
If you get a chance write to the register and let them know how you feel about this .
This is what I wrote back,
This letter is in regards to the letter sent in from Lester Drabkin ,
The real problem is that people are so misinformed and that the media builds up information that is not true. Our constitution has been around for 226 years and now all of a sudden it's wrong and needs to be changed .
Why is it that nobody sees the obvious or chooses to ignore it ?
How many of these mentally disturbed killers had pistol permits ?
How many pistol permit holders went on a killing spree ?
These killers are stealing and robbing these guns and using them in crimes .
They are committing crimes to do other crimes!
So does that mean the constitution is wrong?  No, it means that the judicial system isn't upholding the laws already in effect .
Fact is Connecticut has one of the strictest gun laws in the United States.
Fact is there is a huge problem with psychologically disturbed people and the way the system deals with them.
Guns don't kill people, people kill people, a gun cannot kill a person without a person pulling the trigger!
When will people realize that the problem is the type of person and not the type of gun or weapon that is the problem.
It's very easy to put blame on the guns and the owners of them, but if you put a little thought into it instead of jumping to conclusions you would realize that it's  the mentally ill people that should be under the public "magnifying glass", not law abiding citizens that go through FBI fingerprinting and criminal background checks .
I believe that I speak for most if not all legal gun owners when I say that what happened in Connecticut was tragic and horrific and that our deepest condolences go out to all of the families.
Taking away our second amendment, "The right to bear arms", is not going to change anything but to let the criminals know that they can break into our houses, steal from us, rape our wives and children, kill our families;  knowing that they are safe from any harm thanks to new gun laws that wouldn't allow people the right to choose to have protection in their own home in a world where crime and disregard for others is so widespread!
By jerryd
Too bad most people dont have common sense to see the obvious!!!
By AgentP
Just like the dumb M F'ers protesting the Stamford gun show. Fox news last night did a small piece on it. Some parent put a sign on their daughter " NRA KILLS OUR KIDS". Are F'ing kidding me!! What the hell is wrong with these people?
This state/country is so backwards. And only getting worse.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!