Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Off-Topic Discussions
By newguy
Seems like everyone is so gungho on gun control and no one is addressing the real problem. The loop holes in the Mental Health system in the US all in the name of so called privacy. I think a lot of this has to do with the fact that politicians don't wanna go knuckle up head to head with the ACLU. So nothing is going to get solved if Mental Health laws don't get changed and insurance companies don't stop treating mental health patients like someone with a broken leg there no book time frame for someone to be cured. Some folks can't be cured and if they can't they shouldn't just be released into the general population
By myglimk2
I believe the real problem lays within education, teaching and disciplining kids. Kids these days and the past generation are coming up into society even more brain washed than before with no consequences.
When I was being raised and did something wrong I would get my ass handed to me! I was also taught firearm safety at an early age and taught they are not toys.
By newguy
Just seems like all these folks that have committed these crimes were either seeing a psychologist who should have committed the person inpatient or a family member knew there was a problem and should have had the person committed. I worked at a psych hospital at one time. Used to talk to the nurses on inpatient floors. They told me it is extremely hard for a family member to commit a adult on a 15 day inpatient paper. Also that a lot of times insurance companies say we give the person this many days to get cured and even if there not cured. They are released for sometimes up to 6 months for the state to start paying to keep the person committed. So that is 6 months some wacko is walking the streets
By sjcolwell2
The problem is there is no real way to get these people help. Even as childred healthcare is so expensive. The only way the state can get involved is once the child is arrested. And what parent wants there child to be arrested. Once there adults its too late. They have to commit a crime to get help. medical help is otherwise volutary.
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!