Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Off-Topic Discussions
By magneton44
He may be freaking out about what happened in EW / riverview..ATF and such...wants to be all groomed up for the party :roll:
By myglimk2
I'm glad I have no more need to go there. I'm all done buying/selling now. :D
By PaiN
As a long time happy customer of Hoffman's I have to say, this is a slap in face of law abiding gun owners and would be owners.....But most sickening of all is that this new policy is an utter knuckling under to the powers that would take away our rights....Hoffman's is leading the way and showing just how quickly the gun community will belly-up and be bent by the will of the machine that works against them...
Spineless, prostration is all this is and the opening of the door to full gun control.
I'd spit on Hoffman's doors before I ever walk through them again.
By GixerJockey
Ill post here what i posed on his fb page. This has nothing to do with pressure or knuckling under. Not one bit. What he is flat out saying is: Hoffmans will no longer honor a two week wait. He wants to be paid now, and have the rifle go out now, vs two weeks from now. He's just flat it being greedy. Its not bad enough that he's been gouging expecting customers and those just entering the gun buying scene. Now he's guaranteeing payment, in full, on any in stock black rifle. He making sure that he can bag as many over priced rifles as possible before th mad rush slows down.
By Polstery
Drive by and see if the place is less busy, I doubt it will be
By hayes1966
Of course not, people will still go there regardless of his actions but it will cost him down the road from the guys who go there on a regular basis to do business.

What is the old saying .. united we stand ..
By Speedway
I have never spent a single dollar in Hoffmans. I am not likely to start now.
By xring
GixerJockey wrote:Ill post here what i posed on his fb page. This has nothing to do with pressure or knuckling under. Not one bit. What he is flat out saying is: Hoffmans will no longer honor a two week wait. He wants to be paid now, and have the rifle go out now, vs two weeks from now. He's just flat it being greedy. Its not bad enough that he's been gouging expecting customers and those just entering the gun buying scene. Now he's guaranteeing payment, in full, on any in stock black rifle. He making sure that he can bag as many over priced rifles as possible before th mad rush slows down.
This is exactly what I've been telling people since I heard it. The scumbag wants cash in hand, period. Doesn't want to be left holding the bag.
By sjcolwell2
Kinda shocked that Scott would cave so easily. He's just trying to make himself look better to the media and the politicans. What an A hole. Not gonna even waste my time with that place anymore
By mberoose
Pretty obvious he's pandering to the uninformed crowd that doesn't know about 2 week background checks, and what his decision REALLY means, business-wise (cough, cash-grab, cough). That, along with the politicians and informed-yet-ignorant crowd.
By sjcolwell2
Yup ignorant . I can't even watch the news anymore without getting pissed off at the ignorant $h&t that gets broadcasted.
By coldwater
Scott's a prick and so are the majority of the arrogant little minions working there. I hope this bites him right in the ass. Just take the short drive right to Newington gun exchange and spend your hard earned dollar at a great gun shop.
By Malaga2
Really.... Has anyone bothered to look at the volume this guy is doing....supply and demand.....
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!