Connecticut Preparedness 

A community of Connecticut neighbors discussing topics important for preparedness and self-reliance.

Off-Topic Discussions
By hayes1966
Man Shot At By Police During Norwich Incident
Officers Called To Home For Reports Of Sexual Assault

NORWICH, Conn. -- A man was shot at by police during an incident at a Norwich home Wednesday evening, police said.

Police said officers were called to a home on Yerrington Avenue home at about 5 p.m. for a report of a sexual assault of a 13-year-old girl . They said when they arrived at the home, officers were informed that the assault suspect was locked inside the building.

Officers attempted to speak with the man, later identified as Joao Cabral, 45. They said Cabral told officers that he had a gun and intended to load it.

According to police, Cabral said, "I'm loading my gun now. If you come in here I will shoot you."

Police said an officer fired shots after seeing what he believed was the barrel of a gun and hearing what he thought were two gunshots.

Cabral was not injured in the shooting, and dropped the object he was holding, police said.

Police said Cabral was taken into custody after a brief altercation. They said while locked inside a shed on the home’s property, Cabral had doused himself in gasoline and was holding matches.

Cabral was taken to Backus Hospital with injuries suffered when a K-9 was used to take him into custody. He was released from the hospital and charged with sexual assault, risk of injury to a minor, interfering with an officer, threatening and disorderly conduct. His bond was set at $250,000.

http://www.wfsb.com/news/21991270/detail.html
Gardens

I hope there are still some plants available. Our […]

Spring Soon

The weather is getting better. Dust off your 2 whe[…]

Snow on the way!

Looks like another snow fall for CT this weekend. […]

Independance Day

Happy Independence Day to all the Patriots here on[…]

Join The Discussion!